Votes: 4 26.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A masked psychopath defends his crown against an aquatic monster with a nasty attitude in this our second ever COC. Will Halloween still have the impact against a classic monster film so adored by fans world-wide, or will the Creech buy it on the steel blade of arguably the best Slasher film ever made and it's killing machine stuck on autopilot. Get in and place your votes people, the polls are now open! :jol:

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As much as I love Creech, I am a fan of John Carpenter and his entry into the realm of serial killer madness. This film is a must see movie for the best season of the year just as much as A Christmas Story, A Charlie Brown Christmas and the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas is for the Yuletide. Although often imitated, or plain ripped-off, it has never been duplicated. John Carpenter is a god among directors to many (myself included) and Halloween is a good testimony as to the reason why. It is for these reasons as well as many others that it gets my vote. :jol:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Have to go with Halloween. Essential holiday viewing in a regular "Abbot & Costello meet Frankenstien" double-dip.

I have strong memories chatting with my babysitter back in 1978 (I was too young to see it) about Halloween,so I do have an insight into what the real climate for this movie was,..and it was the "must -see" movie of the time. Michael Myers disappearance..NOT being prone on the ground after his fall like he damn well should have,..-So say our internal movie rules-..freaked people out.

Yak yak yak. Time to vote.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Merlin (The Quiet One) said:
I gotta go with Halloween on this. And shame on Sinister for pairing these two, I feel kinda unloyal voting against the Creature ;), but I'll be over it soon.
Sinister isn't totally at fault here. You guys helped vote these two as the champions of their particular bouts. I just came up with the concept of squaring champion against champion. Shaun of the Dead fell to the John Carpenter juggernaut first, and I doubt Dracula would have faired any better had it won the coin toss against Creech. Halloween is just a tough film to compete with, and I'm here to tell you I fully expect the winner of our next set of films to fall to The Shape in "Clash of the Champions #3." It's not that the films it goes against are sorry or bad, it's just that...it's well, hard to beat.

·
Ghost Maker
2,962 Posts
Personally I like horror movies that center around some form mythical or supernatural creatures, entities, or phenomena, as opposed to a mentally disturbed or deranged individual running around killing people. Halloween was a great movie, with one of the best horror theme soundtracks of all time, but I gotta vote for the creature.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Michael Myers hauls yet another out of the water, scales him, guts him and fries him up to serve along with some hushpuppies, french fries, coleslaw and a nice tall glass of sweet ice tea. Creech just couldn't overcome this particular obstacle and there's no way it could even catch up at this point. I think I'm justified in calling this one early. With an 11-4 match heavily favored in Halloween's corner, I'm calling it the still undisputed champion. This poll is now closed. :jol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.