Votes: 2 20.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile. This brand spankin' new qualifying rounds deal with sequels. That's all that will be in contention. No first timers, just a second or third helping. maybe even more depending on your palate.

In this, the first match, we have everyone's favorite Horror movie psychopath's, Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th Part II taking up where mommy left off in the first film by slicing up camp counselors in revenge for his matriarch's deserved demise. In the other corner, or COC champ, Michael Myers doesn't get any downtime from his bout with Creech before he's at it again trying to kill his niece, with Dr. Sam Loomis' once again acting as a thorn in his side in the Illinois town of Haddonfield, this sequel being Halloween IV: The Return of Michael Myers.

Voorhees vs. Myers once again, in the film that should have been but is fought here once again, in the sequel if you will, in Horror Movie Death Match.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These two films are some of my favorites in the series. I have to go with "Friday" though only, VERY SLIGHTLY. Not a dull moment in either one. I think Part 2 is significant for two reasons: It is the first appearance we see of the Sultan and the subsequent taking over of the wetworks after his mother bought it. I know on other boards some folks (My other home, B-Headed, are famous for this) believe that Jason may actually have been responsible for some of the killings attributed to Pamela Voorhees. I'm not here to stir up theories on the subject, but somewhow those theories ring false and sound a little too convenient for some of the continuity inconsistencies of the series. I'm here to run a contest, and run a contest I shall. First Blood is Jason's. :voorhees:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Huh. I actually like HALLOWEEN 4 and 5 way more than the original.
But, c'mon, I got Jason tattooed on my arm.:voorhees: :voorhees:

Friday part 2, is arguably the scariest film in the series. I love the later "Zombie Jason's", but part Two's "Wild-man/child in the woods" idea is pretty cool.:voorhees:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Although Halloween was loads better than anything ever done at Camp Crystal Lake, I did enjoy the F13 series as a whole just about as much as I did the Halloween series as a whole (up to a point - F13 got a little lame after the first 5 or 6 and the Halloween series actually ended strong).

I thought F13-2 was probably the best of series, and clearly Halloween 4, although good, was not.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After Part Seven, the "Friday series lost me. IMHO that was the last good one. "Manhattan," "Hell," and "X" were just godawful. With the Myers series, the fourth entry was the last good one. Lets be realistic, these were never meant to be Oscar Award Winners, they're all just trashy fun. :D

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Well said Sin. I go agree with you about Manhattan, Hell and X. However, I did like Freddy vs. Jason.

I'm going with F13 Part II.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interestingly enough, I wasn't as aligned against Freddy vs. Jason like some were. I think people took it a little too seriously. It was better than those listed and certainly better than Parts III, V and on a par with VII. It also helped my opinion exceedingly of it that they cast Katharine Isabelle in the film. :voorhees: :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to give this another day or so since there's a spike in the polls for Myers. Get in and vote, cast your two cents down, because this one is going to close up shop soon.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's one of the better of the series, Tipo. Some would say the best entry. I think that one is Part VI, but who's keeping track, right? :D

Check it out. It's definitely a fun way to waste some time. :voorhees:

Voorhees edges Myers out on this one. The first match-up in this round is officially over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.