Votes: 1 12.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two Horror film franchises that pop up with great frequency in the Horror community when it comes to asking what are some of your favorite Horror movies of all-time. One is Sam Raimi's The Evil Dead the other is Don Coscarelli's Phantasm. Both were low budget efforts but but have impacted the industry as we know it in ways that have set in stone their importance in the genre's history. But what about their sequels? Most of them are entertaining, but Coscarelli's last two efforts were lackluster. Arguably, the direct sequels are the best after the original films in both franchises. So these two will trade fisitcuffs in this, the next round until one advances and the other falls by the wayside. Your votes count, so get in and cast them and post your thoughts on both of these films.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I'm not such a big fan of the Phantasm movies. They're just so weird and incongruous to the point I find them pretty much unenjoyable.

Though, I do enjoy Phantasm III the most of the whole series. The second installment is ok too. I'll watch just about anything else on TV before I'll stop on a Phantasm movie.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
And Evil Dead 2 paved the way for Army of Darkness lets not forget that... Groovy.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWSV-xHnCpA[/nomedia]

·
Registered
797 Posts
No comparison... Evil Dead 2. I could just never find the Tall Man and company all that scary. Those flying swiss army knife metal balls weren't all that freaky.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one was tough for me, but like most everyone else who will vote on this thread, I have to go with Evil Dead 2. Only slightly though. Reggie Bannister and Angus Scrimm are just so hard to beat but Ash just manages to do so. Both films kick ass.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Decisions Decisions!!!! I will have to go with Evil Dead 2 on this round.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
TipoDeemin said:
I could just never find the Tall Man and company all that scary. Those flying swiss army knife metal balls weren't all that freaky.
Alicia, Alicia, Alicia!!! Phantasm is terribly horrifying - one of the freakiest ever!

What am I gonna do with you?:D ;)

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I remember when I watched the original Phatasm - It freaked me out when the Tall Man would be looking right into the camera. What a evil face!!! That scared me more than the sphere.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I take it Phantasm 2's only vote came from you, Jeff?

·
Registered
797 Posts
dougspaulding said:
Alicia, Alicia, Alicia!!! Phantasm is terribly horrifying - one of the freakiest ever!

What am I gonna do with you?:D ;)
Oh, I'm not saying I didn't like the movie. I'm not even saying I couldn't see how anyone would be scared by it. I'm just saying it didn't hit any nerves with me.

Maybe it's because I didn't see them 'til fairly recently. The Phantasm series was one that I missed growing up, and had to go back and watch them once I read a couple of positive reviews.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Saw Evil Dead 2 today... gotta say I rather enjoyed it. Held off on picking up Evil Dead cuz I'm trying to ramp myself up to that level first :p and it seems like the perfect movie to watch with a date...:D
But really I can't vote so I'll just have to be the hot cheerleader in a mini-skirt cheering from the sidelines.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't see any reason to keep this one going. The Deadites soundly defeat The Tall Man and his minions. This match is over for all intents and purposes and we move onto the next bout.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.