Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1004 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rules are simple enough: I'll post a trivia question, and the first to answer correctly, posts the next. This is kind of like Helspont's "Name this Still" game, only without pictures.

What was the earliest vampire film made?

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
If memory serves correctly, it's not Nosferatu. I believe it was called "Drakula", was filmed in 1921 (a year before Nosferatu), and no copies of this movie survived to present day.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're almost right. The movie you speak of was the Hungarian film "Drakula Halala" (1921), aka "The Death of Dracula", and it was the first adaptation of Stoker's novel Dracula.

A clue: this film preceded "Drakula Halala" by five years and is not about Dracula, just regular everyday vampires.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Incidentally, Spaulding and I were talking about this very film last year (The one that's the subject of his question) It's a silent flick with very heavy atmosphere, but otherwise quite dull. The whole enchilada was filmed in a flour mill where the dust from the mill itself gave it much of it's stark, "grainy" :D feel.

Oh yeah, the answer is The Vampire. ;)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Helspont, but this isn't the one we were talking about. That was "Vampyr" (1932). The subject of my question was filmed in 1916. It is a German film.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Well if it's not The Vampire or Nosferatu then could it be Metropolis? Maybe not, because that isn't a Horror flick. There is Thomas Edison's version of Frankenstein, but ol' Tom wasn't German. Grrrrr...my brain is starting to ****ing hurt! :mad:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, since I'm not one to drag these things out for a month or two, I'll give you the answer (if I remember it).

The earliest vampire film was director Arthur Robison's German silent film "Nachte des Grauens" (1916), aka "Night of Terror", with strange, vampire-like people.

The Hungarian film "Drakula Halala" (1921), aka "The Death of Dracula", was the first adaptation of Stoker's novel "Dracula".

The second "Dracula" adaptation was also produced by a European filmmaker - director F. W. Murnau's feature-length "Nosferatu, A Symphony of Terror" (1922).

This 1922 film, along with Coppola's 1992 picture, "Bram Stoker's Dracula" are my two favourite vampire movies. "Salem's Lot" (1979) would be third, followed by "Dracula" (1931).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very tough movie trivia question

This comes from a very difficult movie trivia contest. If anyone has any ideas or leads, it would be very helpful:

Though much of the material from its original scrrenplay was already drawn from a literary source, this classic horror film was novelized three times by different authors over a nearly 50 year period, as a hardcover, a paperback original and a book for young readers. Name the film.

Thanks . . .

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Ok, since it would seem Yellowdog here is never coming back to give us a hint or an answer, I'm grabbing the bull by the horns and am moving this thread forward.

I was just watching Elm St 3 and saw something that amused me, so I'm making a trivia question out of it.

In A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, Dr. Gordon and Nancy's father must go put Freddy's bones to rest if his soul is to be at rest. Dr. Gordon snatches a bottle of liquor from Lt. Thompson and fills it with Holy Water at a church. What kind of liquor was Lt. Thompson drinking?

Hint: Former Badassuniverse chatters will know this one... :D

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
****! It has been soooo long ago and I no longer own Elm Street 3, but I'm going to take a stab at it. Is it Jagermeister? I know Pete, formerly known as The Creep, formerly known as Blurry loves the stuff and a lot of our chats was brought to you by it...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Was it Yukon Jack?
And, wasn't Black Sheep a Farely/Spade movie? :googly: :confused:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Everybody breakout your copies of Ghostbusters I & II I can only begin to guess what Raxl will have in store for us.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Hey, it could also be a Friday the 13th question. There's more trivia floating around in his head than we could shake a stick at.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
OK, I was gonna do a Ghostbusters question, but thought I'd get pitched to much crap about how it's not a horror movie. Unless you're at Best Buy.

So, we fall back to Plan B.

In JASON GOES TO HELL, what is the name of the TV show that hires Creighton Duke to destroy Jason, once and for all. :voorhees:

Or, there's always Plan C. What was Roy's last name. :googly: :p :zombie:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Boo-yah.
What are you, some kinda geek or something? :p :voorhees:

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Well, yes. I saw Jason Goes to Hell twice IN A ROW at the theater, and how many times have I seen part 5 (with or without you guys) now?

Let's see...

The actor who narrated the beginning of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre moved on to fame as an actor in a popular mid-80's sitcom. Who was the actor and what show was he on?

1 - 20 of 1004 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.