Votes: 4 40.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a sort of hiatus, we're back for another round of Horror mayhem. This time, we take a break from the movies and delve into the music world.

To kick off our little marathon of musicians with Horror themes, we give you two of the heaviest hitters ever in this field.

Alice Cooper

vs.

Ozzy Osbourne

With the possible exception of KISS I can't think of any others who define the Metal scene where it has to do with theatrics like these two men here. This is going to be a hard one right out the gate, and Raxl? I want to see you participate in this one, bud. :D

So who will move onto the second round in this series? The lover of Cold Ethel or the madman who likes to bite the heads off flying creatures like bats and doves? Get in and vote for your favorite Horror Music mad genius. The polls are now open.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Oh, c'mon, you KNOW I'm going with Alice !!!!:smoking:
How could I not vote for the guy I've seen in concert 5 times?
The guy that is my alltime favorite rocker?

I know he wont win the whole thing, and there's a chance he wont even win this contest, but, he should win both, easily.

Beheadings on stage, "I Love the Dead", "Ballad of Dwight Frye", "Formerly Warmer", "Feed my Frankenstein", Vincent Price doing voice -overs, Giant spider monsters on stage. Alice Cooper is truly the MASTER.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As for me, I have to roll with Osbourne. After much thought being put into this decision, I just like the man's music a little better. On top of all that, Ozzy has worked with guitarists that are considered gods in the industry. Jake E. Lee (My favorite) Tony Iommi, Randy Rhodes, George Lynch, Zakk Wylde, etc. The man just has an incredible eye for talent despite his abuse of alcohol and drugs over the years.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
GAH!:p
Already, it's 3-1 Ozzy. :googly:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
well I had to go with Ozzy as well, he was one of the first of many men to lure me to the dark side.

·
Registered
797 Posts
My vote goes to Alice. Had it been Black Sabbath versus Alice Cooper, I would've had to go with the Sabbath, but Ozzy alone cannot out-cool Mr. Cooper.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
My votes for Alice too. He will be at Fear Fest Sept 1 - 3 in Toronto so 100 years (jk) later, hes still the king of Horror Metal Mayham.... It was a tough call though, but I saw Alice in concert to and the show was great.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am impressed. Alice is looking like a very real contender in this first round and is leaving the Ozzman behind. Keep the votes and comments coming, people. This is turning out to be a very good idea for this part of the forum. If this is a successful series of matches, we'll probably do some different things like this all through it's run. :) :jol: :xbones: :devil:

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Hey Sinister!!! I'm sooo glad to see ya posting your butt off again. I was starting to wonder if you were too busy with your project or playing too hard on the beach with the babes!!! :devil:

Anyway, this is a tough one! Alice Cooper does deserve the recognition in this battle, but I love Ozzy's songs. I have to go with the Ozzman on this one.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, DW! I have been writing a lot, there's so many projects and too little time in the day. Remember, I like lakes instead of beaches. As for the babes, weeeeeellllllll...let's just say there's one...;)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Oh you Devil you :devil:

As for who I'm goin for, I'm throwing my vote for Alice, I just liked the stuff I heard from him a bit more...

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Oh, I don't want to jinx this lead.....:p

So, on a totally unrelated note:

Hey, SINISTER, have you factored BADASS into your stable of horror music icons?:p :D BADASS could MEGA-ROCK the pants off of like, Dio, or somebody. You know it!:p

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just for that derogatory comment about RJD, BADASS is exempted from this contest. :D :p

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anybody else want a crack at this? If not, when a bit more time is elapsed, we will move onto the next round.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since no more votes and comments are forthcoming, I'm going to go ahead and give Alice the nod. I will admit some little bit of surprise here. I though for sure Ozzy would pull this one off. I love AC anyway, so I'm not disappointed he won. This poll is now closed to the public and we move onto the next one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.