Votes: 3 37.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank Hellrazor for pointing out that I made a mistake this time around with this particular matchup. A lot going on around me right now, so it's little wonder I can't concentrate very well. Thanks again, C! Now onto the match at hand...

We have for your gruesome pleasure:

GWAR

vs.

Misfits

THIS TIME there's a poll involved, so get in and vote with your heavy rain gear on, because the blood is about to start flying.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Im picking the misfits, just cuz they look scarier to me, but I have never heard of either band... sorry!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both are acquired tastes. GWAR is a metal band that combines the foolishness of Spinal Tap and infuses it with the raw theatrics of KISS, Alice Cooper and the movie Conan the Barbarian along with a screaming metal edge. Misfits are more punk oriented and have few songs that exceed the 3 minute mark. I chose GWAR. I never was a real fan of Misfits after Glenn Danzig left the group.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
After your explanation, I still choose Misfits, Im a metal babe but always had a soft spot for punk, but never the guts to "go punk" so my vote will stay for the misfits...

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I gotta go with GWAR too, which may shock a good many of you. I just don't like the direction they've been going in since Michale Graves left the group. Jerry Only IS NOT a singer and should just stick to the bass.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
don't really listen to either band so my vote is purely on looks..lol gotta go with GWAR, they just look more hellish..lol

·
Registered
797 Posts
Took a bit of thought, but the Misfits got me. I've heard more of their work than GWAR's, and though GWAR has crazy-wicked stage shows, "I remember Halloween!" Hoohah!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another good matchup going here. Just keep those votes and comments a' comin' guys! :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone else want in on this? You have just a limited amount of time before this closes and we move on.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GWAR makes short work of Misfits and move onto face Alice Cooper in the quarter-finals. This thread is now officially closed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.