Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attack of the 80's metal bands here, guys! We have two in their respective times were horrific in more ways than one:

Motley Crue

vs.

WASP

Polls are once again open. Ya know, I don't know what I think was the more horrific: That Blackie Lawless used to drink blood from a skull onstage, or the fact that Vince Neil looked so much like a girl when Crue first hit? Hmmmm...gotta think about this one. :xbones:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Ok they are not more HORRIFIC but I just love them.. is that okay to vote for them... well I did anyway.... NIKKI SIXX is going on my list btw... I forgot about how dreamy he is... oops a bit off topic there eh.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No sweat, Raze! This is a thread to discuss the bands in whatever shape or form.

Nikki Sixx has always been my favorite member of Crue. The man wrote most of their songs, looks like a dude I could hang out with, but like Scott Weiland, needs to lay off those goddamn drugs. he's nearly died twice and you would think he learned something from it the FIRST time. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, Sixx, you still be okay in my book even if you are a tad on the dumb side. :D

I love both bands but Motley Crue have more songs I like. I also think Jon Corabi is a better vocalist than Vince, but the first vocalist is the one everyone is going to identify the band with no matter how hard the next one tries. Corabi never stood a chance.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Gotta rock on with the Crue.

Has anyone else read their book, THE DIRT? Oh -my- god. That's all I can say.:eek:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got to pick it up. I read some in it, and though it isn't better than Marilyn Manson's Long Hard Road Out of Hell it is nonetheless entertaining.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
There is a crew book that looks like a JD bottle on the front, is that the one you are talking about, if not... man that one is Crazy, the stuff they have done! WOW! It talks about Vinces near death... or death experience and the whole Kick Start my heart/Dr. Feelgood part of their career. Im more of an older fan of theirs... I wasnt big into that era. I liked Shout at the Devil and Smokin in the Boys room stuff... Red White and Crew is okay, I like the old stuff on it the best. Man oh Man can Vince sure belt it out though. His voice hasnt changed.

I would have loved to see their "circus" tour. Friends of mine went 2 times and said it was like 20 years ago... Aaaahhh to be cute enough and not married enough to be a groupie.....

Anyway... did I say that outloud...

back to the book... Its a pretty good book...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! The Cruesters are beating the guys from WASP like a red-headed step child who has been caught raiding the cookie jar. I don't know how much more longer I can stand by and let this slaughter go on...:eek:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Crew was in town I think around March... they blew out their sound system and everything... from what I've heard.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there any real need to let this merciless slaughter continue? I don't think so. I believe the next one is going to be just as bad if not worse. Well, it's over now, WASP can pack it in and lick their wounds all the way back to L.A. as we close this thread down and send Crue to the quarterfinals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.