Votes: 7 63.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple of these have been decidedly one-sided. This match, I do not anticipate being that way. In fact, some of you are going to be hard pressed to send one or the other to the next round because i think we as a collective like the entire catalog of both of these men's work. With that, i give you:

Marilyn Manson

vs.

Rob Zombie

Once again, the polls are open so I needn't have to tell you what to do. Get in and get to kickin' ass!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
This one was pretty tight for me.
I do dig Manson's music, but in the end, had to go for Zombie.:zombie:
This came down to personalities for me, and Rob just comes across as more of the guy I'd rather have a beer with than Manson.

Plus, Rob Zombie loves hockey.:voorhees:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manson, IMHO is simply more versatile musically than Zombie is. While I enjoy Rob's music, it pretty much sounds the same with words arranged in a different way to let one know it's a different song. He also has a pre-occupation with the word "Mutha****a," and the phrase "Hey Yeah!" This is not necessarily a bad thing. if it works for ya, then who am I to say it's wrong? :D

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Like them both, but have to side with Manson this round. I think he is just way more versatile and always has something provocative and interesting to say.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I like Rob Zombie's movies.
I like Manson's music.
Because this is a music deathmatch - I gotta go with Manson.

·
Registered
797 Posts
<choke!> Not easy!

I love Manson. He's one weird dude, for sure, but he's intelligent and his work is great. As Sinister and a couple others pointed out, he's probably the better musician, as well.

However... ROB ZOMBIE. He's been a hero of mine for a long, long time, and it's his music and movies that are the driving force in spurring me on towards Halloween every year. He's just got so much genuine love for the scary stuff...

So Rob it is. But I feel dirty now, and I think it will be Manson in the stereo tonight.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a feeling you were going to vote that way, Tip. :D

Zombie is one up. Anyone else going to throw votes Manson's way, or is Rob going to run with this one?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I for one didn't think Manson would be bumped out in the prelims. But, he has and Zombie moves on. And this thread is now officially closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.