Votes: 7 58.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the last of them folks and the grand daddy of this hoe down. I saved the best for last as we pit:

Black Sabbath

vs.

KISS

Black Sabbath along with a few others like Alice Cooper and Jimi Hendrix, were the bands that got me listening to heavy music. I owe these guys their shout outs and respect---everything. But in 1976, the album Destroyer came out and KISS until about 1989 (Nine Inch Nails and Pretty Hate Machine changed my whole perspective on music) was my favorite band of all time. So the REAL Fab Four from New York with their onstage theatrics and larger than life personalities rock the vote for me. I choose KISS.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I had to go with Black Sabbath. I have always been a big fan. I will always have a place in my heart for Ozzy. However KISS is a great band too. I'm just not as big of a fan of them. I do agree with you Sin about their theatrics. I have seen clips of KISS's concerts and they were great. I wished I could have been there then maybe I would have vote the other way.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
okay have to go with KISS in this round, not that I don't love Black Sabbath, but KISS holds a special place in my heart since at one time I wanted to marry Gene Simmons.( I was like 7 years old okay, his theatics and that of the rest of the band are fascinating to me..lol)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Simplest choice I've had to make yet: Black Sabbath. I grew up listening to these guys with my dad, and they've never lost their appeal to me. I even played a little Sabbath at my wedding (classy, eh? ;) )!

KISS has great theatrics, but I've never liked their music, and it's the music that's important to me.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Simplest choice I've had to make yet: Kiss! I grew up listening to these guys with my brother, and they have never lost their appeal to me. I never played them at my wedding though LOL.

Kiss for Halloween has always been part of my life too : My bro Chris was Peter Chris of course. Anyway this year theres talk that my hubby and his friends will be Kiss.

So KISS alll the way! IIIIII waana rock and rolllll alll nigghhttt. And Party every day!!! wooo hooooo

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone else? Uh, grapegrl? Did you vote? I moved the last one at your behest...KISS could use another vote here...Zombie-F? RAXL? Anyone?

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Decisions, Decisions - Man, I had to do a lot of thinking about this match but I think I will go with KISS on this one. Destroyer was definitely a great album (yes, I said album) and I still listen to them. Sabbath does need the honorable mention here because I am still a fan of their music and had a major crush on Tony Iomi when I was younger.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hellrazor said:
Close it! Close the poll now... lol
You gotta love it when beautiful ladies request you to do something. LOL

However, the Evil Djinn concurs and steps in. Wish granted with no reprocussions. We now move onto the quarterfinals. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.