Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Halloween I had to cancel my haunt because we are moving to a larger location...but I have photos of the Horse-Drawn Hearse I made. Designed it to be collapsable and to all fit in a 48"x96"x12" box when kept in storage. Would love to hear some ideas on improving the design. It took me about 3 days to design and build.

Barnes Mortuary Hearse :: 1162901529.pbw slideshow by frstvamp1r - Photobucket

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice... I keep wanting to build me one of these, but I would go with a more unkept look... Like they were going to a funeral but never made it... With skeleton remains of a horse and driver, dead roses and what not.. Maybe some sort of pop up for the casket... Ideas are brewing, lol. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually what I had in the coffin was a children's toy called a "Rumble Ball" and had it rigged to a switch...when I flipped the switch the toy would bounce around in the coffin as if someone were trying to get out.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Prop Cost and Design

Well as for the cost of the hearse to build...all I actually paid for was the crown molding...which at any local home improvement place will have. Just find the pattern you like. The rest of the materials my work donated to me since they know Halloween is a big thing for me and that I design and build stuff literally year long. As for the design of it I can e-mail anyone who wants to see my design for it and how I put it together. Once you see how I did it you will see how easy it is really. I'm lucky, I have an annual passport to Disneyland and I live relatively close that I went to the Haunted Mansion almost every weekend for 4 months taking measurements of the hearse there and taking photos and stuff.

·
Banned
34 Posts
very original i really liked it kiddo great job! and even better being able to store it in a small area.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That's really cool!! Break down for storage is even better. I have no extra storage space..lol I still halloween props out as a type...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts