Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry I haven't been around. We've had terrible problems with our computer. And I can't stay logged in. Just read and hope that next time it will work, but it has been fritzy since November. Sooo aggravating!

I'd like to get any Florida (we live 4 hours into the state so out of state would be a haul but more than welcome! ) haunters together.

I saw a Make 'n Take article from a California Haunter's group and it sounded pretty cool. They would decide ahead of time what the project would be and then the host bought all of the supplies and the guests paid for them when they arrived, or the guests all brought their own stuff from a list of required items for the project.

A couple people would be in charge to oversee construction who were familiar with the particular item. And everyone would bring the power tools necessary that they had, so that way, say someone doesn't have a certain tool, there would be plenty to share. Labeling said items would be a must.

The article I saw they made servo bucky skulls and one person bought all of the supplies and then made "kits" and the guests purchased a kit for the build. I've also seen groups where everyone received a supply list and were responsible to provide their own "ingredients" with items that are bought in bulk available for cost. We could do it however we like, it is pretty flexible.

I thought that since there seems to be quite a few haunters in Central Florida (and I am willing to drive a couple hours! ) this would be a fun way to get together and share knowledge. Maybe have the first one just a bbq or bring-a-dish get together with maybe a show 'n tell to get the juices flowing. We could discuss possible projects and go from there. A friend of mine had one where they made cemetary fence. And I've heard of one where they made web shooters.

I think one every month or two would be fun. Help add props to your haunt, too!

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I'm all for it, but can't make anything for a little while 'til I get my crap straightened out here. I'm in the J'ville area and would be willing to drive to wherever if someone gets a make 'n take together. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm all for it, but can't make anything for a little while 'til I get my crap straightened out here. I'm in the J'ville area and would be willing to drive to wherever if someone gets a make 'n take together. Keep us posted!
I hear ya! LOL

I'm over by the gulf, so maybe something more central. Anybody in the middle of the state game?

Anybody have some ideas on what they would like to make?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like the Chicagoland M'nT, this will be moved to the Gathering section eventually.

Since Florida is such a long state, if we can get one going I wouldn't be surprised that it would eventually turn into a couple groups.

Grapegirl, how about one in your area that involves the bordering states within a decent driving distance?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think a 2 hour driving distance should be a good maximum to shoot for. Of course if anyone wants to make a longer trip, that is entirely up to them. We are travelers, so don't mind driving.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey ya'll! I know it may not be convenient for everyone, but I will host a Make and Take in Land O Lakes. I have reserved my neighborhood Clubhouse on April 21st at 11 AM. From the feedback I got from other local haunters, the project will be a Trash Can Trauma. Here's a map link to the location. I will post a material list and other details as they develope.

Any suggestions from the NJ group are welcomed and appreciated, as this will be my first time doing this. You guys seem to have it together!

Please PM and or post here if interested in coming! Robert

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...Blvd&city=land+o+lakes&state=fl&zipcode=34637

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WooHoo!

What Ghostess said! So far, from what I know I have no plans for that weekend.

Are TCT's something you've made before? I guess we'll need a parts list to bring. I've always wanted one of those, so I'm stoked!

I've been out of the loop job hunting and trying to advertise my travel agency so I was so excited to see this post today! Thank you so much Robert for getting the clubhouse and scheduling our first meeting.

Val

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes I've made a couple of them. I'll put a parts list together this week end and post it. It should be a good time!
You can use your favorite mask or head for the monster that will be in the can. This TCT will have the hand that reaches out at you as well as pops up! Maybe next time we can build FCG's! That would require 2 meetings though.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would love to make a FCG. I'd really love to make an Axworthy!

I wish I would've been able to find some of the wire deer after Christmas, I didn't see any in any trash so didn't think to patrol the streets in search of them! We could've made the wolves like Vlad's group is planning.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've lost count of how many FCG's I've built. If we ever decide to build one at these meets, I can certainly make the process very quick. No time figuring things out, just assembling, makes a big difference! We could do the platform in one meet, and the ghost the next! I thoroughly enjoy building the ghost! A very rewarding prop indeed!

Yeah, Vlad's group sounds like they have a cool project going! He even gave out homework. :)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hmm.
Sounds fun. Too bad I don't build props, I just buy 'em.:p ;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've lost count of how many FCG's I've built. If we ever decide to build one at these meets, I can certainly make the process very quick. No time figuring things out, just assembling, makes a big difference! We could do the platform in one meet, and the ghost the next! I thoroughly enjoy building the ghost! A very rewarding prop indeed!

Yeah, Vlad's group sounds like they have a cool project going! He even gave out homework. :)
That would be great! How much would the parts run? Can you maybe give us a high and low figure?

·
Registered
286 Posts
That would be great! How much would the parts run? Can you maybe give us a high and low figure?
The TCT is probably going to run around $65 to $70. A FCG can be built for about $130. All depending upon what materials you already have lying around. I will get the material list for the TCT done by this week end.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I take it the big ticket item is the motor. Right?
Oh yeah. The Dayton is around $65. I have used a rotisserie motor once, but it didn't last the whole month before it croaked. It was loud as heck too.
The Dayton is worth the change believe me.
The aluminum for the frame is costly as well.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts