Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be interesting? How do you rate your spose when it comes to supporting our CURSE. My wife's the best when it comes to my spooky fetish for haunting. She doesn't get involved but never knocks it, even encourage's me to be more creative. BTW I hope I don't get anybody in trouble with your significant other, Ha Ha Ha.

My wife get's a 10

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Perfect Ten not only supports and gets involved but picks up the items I cant get to and reminds me when when I fall behind on props.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
My husband gets a perfect 10...if there were a higher number he'd get that. He doesn't get involved in the build much, leaves the creative part to me, but he's one of the best actors we have in our haunt, he's my financial backer for my hobby AND, more importantly, he puts up with all the chaos when we have our monthly gatherings and builds. He even tries to help out with them when he can, but he's always here to support us and hang out with us.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I give my wife a perfect 10+++++++++++.

She isn't into Halloween and making props as much as I am.
But she gives me ideas for props, always on the look out for items I can use on props, and lets me know when I make a skull that can make someone sick.:D

She has never objected to the amount of money I have spent on prop materials.
As she says "If you like what you're doing, then go for it".

I do believe some of me has rubbed off onto her though.
She works in a doctors office as a medical transcriptionist.
She told me yesterday that a couple of women she works with asked her what kind of crafts or hobbies she does.
She told them she does glass painting and is studying for nursing school.
When asked what I did for fun, she said "He makes corpses".
She said she got that typical look, all of you know what I mean.

THE LOOK= mouth drops open, no words able to come from mouth, and that puzzled look like they didn't hear what they just heard.:D

She thought it was halarious, and couldn't wait to get home and tell me about it.
I'm so proud of her.:D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW!!!
Except for the glass painting that is my wife to a 'T'.
She points out the good stuff,
no complaints about the $$,
even spell checks my work I'm a bad speller,
very supportive and she's a nurse, spooky...
You sure your not my ghost?

And yes, we know the LOOK, that's halarious!

·
Registered
203 Posts
WOW!!!
Except for the glass painting that is my wife to a 'T'.
She points out the good stuff,
no complaints about the $$,
even spell checks my work I'm a bad speller,
very supportive and she's a nurse, spooky...
You sure your not my ghost?

And yes, we know the LOOK, that's halarious!
I don't think I'm a ghost, not sure at the present. lol
But you got me thinking what I could do if I was one.
HHHMMMM, sounds like an idea for a new thread.:D

·
Old Bat
2,823 Posts
My hubby rates a 10; he doesn't help with setup or making props, but he thinks what I do is great, and he stays out of my way. Last year he even bought a mask and snuck up on some unwary trick or treaters. Can't complain about that!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'll rate my wife a "7". She is willing to help me with such things like making styrofoam tombstones with the dremmel, but at crunch time (about the middle of August) when props comes out to be worked on and things are all over, she gets a little rammy about it.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hmmmm.....my better half?? Right now he's about a 7 1/2....but I think he's trying to rate a 10 this year. It's only May & he has already called his old army buddy to get us one of those huge army tents for this year's party, and he has been taking the kids to soccer practice & such so I can play with some of my tools. I picked up a dremel last year & found a band saw at a garage sale last summer. I am just now playing around with them and the garage has been converted to my "play room". Doesn't complain...too much....but he always loves the results when I put together the displays. Maybe I'll put a "spell" on him and get him a bit more motivated. Just think of what I could do with some more muscle!!!!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I would have to rate my hubby a 10 also.
For our party he sets the tent up, moves
all my stone tombstones ,
sets all the tables and chairs up.
he also sets up the bon fire for the initial set off..
carrys all the beer ,booze and soda ice etc out,
he even cleans the bar and bathroom downstairs.
I'm probably forgetting something too.
He is my muscle.
I do the rest of the set up.
I show him what I'm making or made and he's like wow that's cool.
He bitches cuz my work room a mess but then tells
everyone wait til you see what she made this yr.
All in all he's a 10... I'll keep him

·
Registered
842 Posts
I give mine a 4....u goes know she doesnt help or support me, so i give her a 4 for for her bitch level...lol
I was going to give mine a negative number. But I feel bad if your wife is just the same and you gave her a 4. So maybe a 4 would be about right.

He is not supportive until the middle of October. If he helps it is under duress or he has actually found something that actually interests him. Last year he made LED lights in 3 things for me. I was so shocked I about died! He will clean house for the party, but the entire time threatens to just leave and come back after it is over.

This is mostly because he is embarrassed by our house and yard. (You can see it at my photobucket,
Pictures by Baricuda - Photobucket
it is an old ranch style FL house built in '64, not one of those contemporary FL houses) We both work in medical and get invited to events at MD's houses and he thinks we should have the same. We are NOT docs! When we go to anyone else's house he will agree that maybe our house is bigger, or our yard isn't in as bad of shape or they don't have much kitchen space.

But it is also because he hates my obsession. Or so he says. He will not have any mention of it unless it is the season. Well you all know as well as I do that that is impossible if any props of decent construction are to be made. That is a big reason why I have basically nothing but simplicity in my haunt. I don't have any help and have a hard time being able to make anything "off season" (I'm not "allowed" to bring up the subject of the TCT that I just built or show it to him, yet, and he is pissed that I spent the day with some fellow haunters making it and that now I have another piece of $h!t to make room for, his words, not mine).

I truly think that he is just jealous that I use the computer so much to involve my obsession. That I am not paying attention to him, that I am not cleaning house, that I'm not using that time working to make more money. You name it. Now granted, the house needs cleaning, but it always does. He hasn't adjusted well to the fact that the kids are pretty well gone and it is only him and I to clean now, no more free labor! ;) So not as much to clean anyway.

But if he truly hated it he wouldn't help at all, don't you think? And he has helped me as well as a work friend whose husband is a halloween nut like me to set up their yard. And he has agreed to go with me to Ironstock, even tho' he says he will spend the entire time at the Patton museum. So I have to believe it is just jealousy. And he takes enjoyment when the ToT's/parents say anything nice about the haunt and yard.

Whatever it is, I don't care. I am going to continue to do my haunt. I do enough stuff that he is interested in because I know that he is interested in it. So if I'm the "bigger man" so be it. I love this stuff and if and when he croaks, god forbid, 'cuz I co love him dearly, I will continue to haunt!
:devil:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Though my boyfriend isn't into building props like I do, he loves Halloween and is very supportive and rates a 10. He's more into store bought professional-looking Halloween props than making your own. And he loves to take road trips with me (in the spring and in the heat of summer) to Los Angeles to go to the Halloween Club superstore and prowl the aisles. And he's often on ebay looking for cool vintage Halloween blowmolds (damn, they're getting expensive!). And we give each other Halloween themed Department 56 collectables for Christmas. He even costumes up for Halloween - which I don't do. So maybe I lose a point for that. :jol:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts