Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah I'm usually adding things through out the month. But I typically spend a whole day off to set up the place. Then again, its an apt lol.
So about one day.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I'm going to start the last week of Sept. That gives me one more week to get everything out.

Put out fences and static stuff out first, more expensive and delicate stuff later.

I build a lot of stuff where it goes, then tear it down to store it.

I don't see how a lot of you do 'day of' set ups. You people are my heroes. I'll work on it all month.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
assuming everything is already pulled out of "storage" (every nook 'n' cranny around here) and it's ready to go, it takes me 3 full days to set up. typically I put out the hard to steal / stay outside stuff the weekend before the big day, and then spend all day on halloween putting up all the other props, smoke, and light, etc.

this doesn't include previous testing of lighting and all that stuff the month before.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
All day about 8 hours non-stop hard work

That doesnt include unpacking and testing and repairing and bashing my head against the wall......

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
I take the day to set up and usually need a few hours prep the day before.
Usually need a couple trips to the hardware store because I forgot something or changed my mind about how I want to set something up.
I am always putting on the costume as TOTs are arriving.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Graveyard area 1 day so far, the 5 other areas about 1 week..that gives me time to check things over too.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
It takes me about 2 full days to run all the lights and sound wiring. The props go up the day of. That doesn't include pumpkin carving time, that's at least one more day.

·
Registered
375 Posts
How LONG??????? LOL Long time !!!!!!!!!!! Last year I started on Sept 10th.
http://tinyurl.com/33pxtc

I always start the front yard first, throne, boarded up windows, crypt, fence, graveyard, and I stay involved with the front yard until later in Oct when I finally move to the garage. I seem to think of props inbetween that Id like to hurry and make. Last year I made the count down sign in a day, which I had been wanting to make for several years but just never did. Last year I redid my haunt name after my boyfriend.....its usually The Haunt on Sanders Hill....changed it this year named after him...The VON TERSCH Asylum. I have three night vision survalience cameras on my house to record the front yard and my forth in my garage. Always posting a sign saying That I do have videos recording. But man it seems even though I get started earlier and earlier Im never done. The dot room is always the very last thing to go up usually in that last week in Oct. I seem to tinker all month long. So about a month and a half for me Id have to say. LOL

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
It takes me a good month to set up the yard. The front yard is done first, which is where the cemetary is and this year, the band on the "child friendly" side of the driveway. The back yard is always done last..last year I think we started a week before Halloween. Then, with all the wind we've had for the past 2-3 years, I'm setting it back up EVERY DAY! Last year the maze in the backyard was being redone up until the time the first guests arrived. We are "open" for guests on October 30 and 31. Last year the maze held up through the night of the 30th only to blow down again due to 50 MPH winds that night and we had to reset again the next day. I've got a head start this year...I never took the faces off the tree from this past year and there's still a coffin out front waiting to be moved into the yard. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
From the minute our HOA (neighborhood nazis) allow H-ween to go out until 10 minutes before the TOTs arrive! That's about 3 weeks, but that's doing it a bit at a time. I save the electronics & delicate & portable stuff until the last day, like everyone else. If I had to do it all at once, it would probably be 2 full days.

My hat's off to the "day of" set up folks. I don't know how y'all do it! I just know that I don't have it in me!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I take the whole month. I should say, it takes me the whole month.

Most of my things are torn apart to store, including bluckies. My pvc is numbered and tied together so I have to sort and match the numbers, and dig out the corresponding outfit (that is primarily the witches). I use a lot of milk jugs, both gallon and half gallon size, plus 2L bottles to fill out figures and save on weight. I throw those out after Halloween so have to gather more and cut them to fit every year.

I just don't have the storage to house chicken wire body frames. Our attic is about nil, so that is out. I keep adding more stuff each year and am well past maximum capacity here! LOL But who uses their carport/garage for vehicles anyway!
:)

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
I set up my yard haunt and take it down the same day. I do take the week before to test everything out however.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Wow, I have seen the pics of your yard Haunti and to put that much up in a day and then take it all down, Mmmmm, I suspect magic is involved here.
I putter along for a week or so. And if it werent for mowing the yard my tombstones would be up all the time. They are still up as i type this in about 8 inches of snow. Looks kinds nice though, peacful .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts