Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at how much my DIY fog chillers cost to make and decided to look back in Quicken at anything that I categorized as having been purchased for Halloween inlcuding consumables like candy, pumpkins and fog juice that don't stick around after Halloween, prop construction including tools, costumes, props, accessories, post-Halloween sales etc. I bought a Buccaneer Bones costume in 2004 to pass out candy. I started to read haunt forums online in 2005 and did my first yard haunt. Immediately I got ideas for this year. So the cost increased dramatically. I'm sure that's nothing compared to other haunters who have been doing this for a while. But without the Internet, I know it would be much less for me. I think of it as making up for lost time ; )

1999 = $40
2000 = $0
2001 = $2
2002 = $3
2003 = $35
2004 = $182
2005 = $767
2006 = $957 YTD
Total = $1,986

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I don't want to know how much I spend. :D
I do know that I'm sitting next to a 30 lb pile of candy right now.
I think I'm still under a $1000

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
If the candy is in the tub, where do you clean yourself. And don't you get pretty ripe by Nov. 1st? Just kidding.
I' not sure how much I spend. Just ask my husband, and divide that figure in half. He exaggerates.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I have spent probably (with the talking bucky skull class) 500.00 this year... and my hubby is laid off... not good.... next year though....:)

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I have spent over $500 this year. This is my biggest year so far on spending. I'm about out of room so things will start being revamped for next year and just a couple few new pieces for next year.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
way way way tooo much

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
So far as of 10/9/06 - $716.00

This amount will definitely change soon because I usually buy $150 - 200 worth of candy, 8-10 pumpkins to carve, a bunch of minature pumpkins to decorate the inside of the house with, booze (gotta see what I have stocked in the liquor cabinet and food for that day. I usually spend approximately $1,000 or more.

I think I need to find that second job soon. :mad:

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
I'm up to ~$300, but half of that was a new fogger. If I didn't build almost all of the props, lights, sound recorders etc I could get in really deep.

·
Registered
40 Posts
All of it.

Honestly, over the 364 days between the holiday... we probably spent over $1000. Building stuff is expensive, plus we stock up when we see stuff on sale.

This year I actually should include a new digital camera and accessories...my wife's camera showed it's age at Halloween Horror Nights (SLLLOW), so I bought her a new 8mp Sony as a Halloween treat.

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
"and just a couple few new pieces for next year"
lol Good one Teary! I say that one every year too. And the next year still tops the previous one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Everyone has a supper power mine is scrounging. I always say I can give you a Million dollar show for a hunderd dollars. I think I am up to about $75.00 for this year and I have been starting from scratch as all my old stuff is in storage in Washington and I'm in SC. In the last two months I have made my corpse, gravedigger (done now) scarecrow, monster in a box, grave markers, borded up windows, grave poper and 5 skulls. I hope to stay at about $100.00. I have no fear of genral scrounging and down and dirty dumster diving.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I was only supposed to spend $200 this year but the big ticket items (fcg motor, foggers and juice) ate up the budget and I was left with tons of little stuff to buy still... and I'm around $500 now... stopped counting.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts