Haunt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know those props they sell at Party City or Spencer's called "Flying Grim Reaper"? (They fly back and forth on a 25 foot long cable.)

How much weight do you think that device could handle? I don't like the prop itself, but I'd love to take one apart and reuse the mechanism. My only concern is that it wouldn't be able to handle more than 1 or 2 pounds. What do you think?

·
Registered
139 Posts
If they are the same mechanism as the flying ghosts, I just re-did one as a nearly full-sized ghost. I removed the wire arms and replaced them with wire about twice as long. Then I threw out the cartoonish ghost sheet and redraped it like a Flying Crank Ghost with two sheets of cheesecloth. No idea how much difference that made to the weight, but it runs just fine, and it looks TONS better.

I also replaced the flying line with a longer piece of that 1/8-inch parachute cord they sell at REI as clothesline/utility line. I have it flying between my second-story kitchen window and a tree on the far side of the yard, a run of more like 40 feet, about 12 or 14 feet off the ground over my graveyard scene.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts