Haunt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Look at you posting all over the forums with helpful useful how-tos.

I have a big ass snake head I built out of cardboard, paper mache, and monster clay that's been sitting on my work bench for a year now that I haven't figured out what to do with it. I think I may have to make a scissor hinge to have it lunge out. Probably too heavy to have it be up in the air, but if it shoots out along a track or rail on the ground it could still have a good startle effect.

Another video I've had in my favorites for awhile. Glad you posted it to remind me about it.

Rich

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Excellent tut! You make it look easy and now I can add yet another prop to my to do/wish list! Since I joined this forum, I've learned a lot- especially that I will not have any more free time or extra money making all of the props I now want to make!!!

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,629 Posts
:jol:Wow WidowMaker! You make it look so easy!:D Thank you for posting this how to. I really want to make a jump up ghoul leaning against the front of a tombstone and I think this just may be what I need to stand him up, or rather scissor him out towards trick or treaters. I am guessing the lighter the prop the easier the movement will be? Thanks again! You are genius!;)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Great how to. I haven't made my scissor yet and I have flat stock already drilled. Looks like I should go to tube stock instead. Don't have a drill press, looks like a project to do with my Dad.

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,292 Posts
On the lazier side and for lighter props, I've use old collapsible coffee cup hangers and the sides of clothes racks (similar to below). Only light props though...

*EDIT: I'm thinking about building a pop-up with arms that reach out at you - a good application for the clothes rack sides I have laying around :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.