Haunt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Sveet! Thank you very much! I tried using that cold heat thingy.... :mad: grrrr.... Can't wait to sit down and read the rest of this! Thanx again ScareFx! :>

·
Registered
402 Posts
what do u mean? I use the cool heat solder for all my small projects works great for me I will say it not good for big jobs but in the shop for small detail works great...I work in the car audio business so I do alot of soldering just my thouhgts....

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Hey Northern Touch, you must be one of the lucky ones. Could you give me some pointers on how to use it? :> I got it mainly to repair jewelry and solder small things together and it worked once for me. I've tried replacing the batteries and that didn't seem to make a difference..... I loved it when it worked.... Thanks for any kind of help you could give! :>

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
HUH...anyone else use it??? I wanted to get it too, but if it doesnt work well ill just cough up the cash and get the real thing.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
My opinion, ditch the Hot cold soldering gun, they are a pain to use, i had one and took it back. Get a traditional soldering iron and and starty from there. The hot cold gun has two small tips that need to make contact to warm up, it just makes it a real pain to use, especially for someon just starting.

·
Registered
820 Posts
the cold heat is the worst soldering gun ever. get a real one you baby! =] but really its so much better to use regular 40 watt or 20 watt ones

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
If you've got the $$, get a MetCal model 200. The tips are easily changable cartridges, and come in a variety of temperatures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts