Haunt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
To get something like www.LoveManor.com or www.HauntForum.com you'll need to purchase a domain. They generally run about 6-9 dollars a year. As for the hosting, you can get it free from various sources but you'll most likely be cluttered with advertisements. Your best bet is to purchase a small amount of space for 4-6 dollars a month.

I use www.Branzone.com for my hosting, the pricing is great and they're very friendly with helping you get set-up.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Also, if you go with smaller space, you may want to have all of your pictures in a free space such as Photobucket instead of on your website's host server. I just moved all my pics over so I will have plenty of room for all the new pages I'm adding.

Whatever you do, DO NOT go with iPower. I've heard NOTHING but BAD things about them.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
for www.autumncoast.com i paid 25CDN bucks through "domain people" and they're pretty good. All it does is redirect my members.shaw.ca/autumncoaststudios to my desired domain name.
My hosting comes with my internet through shaw which costs nothing. I get 20mb per space and i get 9 spaces. So almost 200mb for free. I also use that for members.shaw.ca/october31

·
Registered
330 Posts
Most hosts offer free web building tools. If you don't have front page or something similar I would go with a host which offers a site builder you like. I use www.coffeecup.com as my web page builder. Once I fiqured it out it was pretty simple. I got it free at lunarpages.com but have since switched to http://www.simplyhosting.net/index.php I used freewebs for my first pages but quickly out grew the bandwidth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.