Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here the Powerhouse of Terror crew will share tutorials on haunted house set design and build, prop building, special fx make-up and more. We will also give some tips and tricks for affordable DIY projects. Feel free to share your projects as well. We are always looking for cool new ideas or ways to improve existing methods. Thanks for watching and Enjoy!!

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Hi Haunt it. It sounds great. I moved this general discussion thread on what you're up to here, and look forward to seeing completed How Tos in the How To section. I need all the help I can get, lol.

·
Headless & Haunting
4,767 Posts
Nice work. I'm loving foam. Just wish I could get more of it. And I'm with Vlad - I need all the help I can get as well!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys! Thanks for watching! We have tons of tutorials on some cheap and easy DIY ideas for your haunted house. Let us know exactly what you would like to see and if we don't already have a video, we will gladly film one. We need to know what you would find most helpful whether it be more foam masonry, special fx make-up, haunted house build tips, making a facade etc.. also feel free to share your opinions. If you think there's an easier or more effective way of doing something, we want to know!! Thanks for watching!! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys! Here is a look at the Powerhouse of Terror Scare Team preparing themselves to head out into the streets of Toronto, Canada to wish everyone a scary x-mas, as well as some more hilarious reactions from the santa scare prank!! Hope you enjoy this episode of Hauntventures!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yup, yup...good stuff, thanks! Took a quick preview of your channel, liked it and subscribed...looking forward to taking a more in-depth look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, yup...good stuff, thanks! Took a quick preview of your channel, liked it and subscribed...looking forward to taking a more in-depth look.
Thanks so much! There's tons more in the next episodes of Hauntventures. We are planning on doing alot more in depth tutorials and how-to videos. Is there anything specific you are interested in seeing more of? Your feedback would be very helpful when creating future videos. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ill check out your vids, thanks. I would like more info on building a facade for a house. I think the thing that most people have a problem with, maybe just me, is attaching or securing the facade (or theater flat) to the house. I really think that to take a home haunt to the next level you have to fundamentally change the face of the house, unless you live in a killer old victorian home. Those of us in the burbs want to change the face of our house for as cheap as possible without nailing crap to the house, its definitely a challenge. And dont forget storage. Holy crap. Darkrose Manor did a great job with a facade. Hope this post makes sense, Im working on 3 hrs of sleep. THanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Take a look at our portable make-up area from which doubles as a break area for our actors. This video was shot during the summer 2011 at the Mississauga ribfest where we had set up CarnEvil Manor, our promotional haunted attraction for our October event, the Powerhouse of Terror in Toronto Canada.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts