Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to do something here that is very uncharacteristic of these forums, but I feel that in light of all of our growth lately it is necessary. This is a short lesson on how to use our forum's "Ignore List" feature. In an ideal world, everyone would get along, but I've come to realize lately that this is not an ideal world.

Basically, if there is a member who you do not get along with and no longer wish to see any posts made by them, you can add them to your ignore list. You will still be able to see that that person has made a post, you just won't be able to read it without clicking on a link to show it to you.

Here's how to ignore a user:
  • Click their username in a post and choose to view their public profile.
  • Click the link that's midway down the page to "Add *blank* to your Ignore List. *blank* should be the username of the person you'd wish to ignore.
  • On the next screen click the "Submit" button.
  • Now the person is on your ignore list. All posts by that person will no longer be showed to you without taking an action to actively view the post.

Additionally, you can view your buddy and ignore lists in your User CP and make any changes to it by clicking on the "Buddy / Ignore Lists" link at the bottom of the User CP menu on the left side of the screen.

I just ask that if any problems start to escalate on the forums, please either move it to the realm of Private Messages or else notify the moderators or myself to help resolve the issue. If the issue really can't be worked out (i.e. it's NOT a simple misunderstanding), then please utilize the ignore feature.

Do not break the forum rules and make derogatory posts or fan flame wars because you don't like somebody. It only drags the quality of the forums down. Repeat offenders will have disciplinary actions taken against them.

Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.

Now, back to the madness of Halloween! :jol:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I know what the ignore feture does now... but what does the friends feature do besides have a little plus sign show up besides the persons name?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
claymud said:
I know what the ignore feture does now... but what does the friends feature do besides have a little plus sign show up besides the persons name?
Not much. It makes it easier to send PMs to all of your friends... that's about it.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Oh just great, This forum WAS the only place Black Cat and Trishaanne had to pay attention to me..............

·
Banned
306 Posts
I don't plan on using my Ignore button on any of you. Unlike some of you here, I actually have More Respect for people. And I actually give you ample room to Explain yourselves. And I actually listen. Nothing to be afraid of right? Just common sense.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Ohhhh! I wondered if this was going to be left alone after that post...

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Why can't I use the ignore button when it comes to coming to work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts