Haunt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
I'm glad to hear it's eaiser than you thought. I bought one this year, but want to attempt to make my own next year. Is yours going to hang inside or out?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'm glad to hear it's eaiser than you thought. I bought one this year, but want to attempt to make my own next year. Is yours going to hang inside or out?
scareme,
Where did you buy your's from? Was it a kit or pre-assembled. I would really like to add a fcg to my display for next year. I doubt my ability to make it really as nice as many I see so have considered buying one from someone who knows what they are doing. Thanks for any info. I suppose I could be talked into a DIY one but am open to options.
btw, dragon flame, your looks great!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I need to finish mine and I need some help. What length of fishing line is everyone using? I know it will be different for me, but what is a good starting point for length?

Anyone have a good idea for hands? I was thinking of attempting to make foam hands like Vile Things, but unsure of my skills.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I need to finish mine and I need some help. What length of fishing line is everyone using? I know it will be different for me, but what is a good starting point for length?

Anyone have a good idea for hands? I was thinking of attempting to make foam hands like Vile Things, but unsure of my skills.
Didn't use hands..
Set the crank so the head is at it's highest point in travel and use long enough string so it is in the proper viewing possition.

Kind of dark.. but here is a video, right click and save, then open
http://65.78.32.190:666/halloween-2004/Quick-Time/Crank_Ghost.MOV

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me too... great job...

Who's plans did you use?

What made it easy? I'm a little intimidated...
I used the kick the fog plans and phantasmechanics. The overall plans were very easy to follow I would use kick the fog it is more organized and they have a lot of pictures.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congratulations Dragon Flame. I made one also this year. There is just something about them that are wonderfully ethereal. Or amorphous as my hubby said.

jdubbya and edwood saucer: if I can do it, you can do it. Don't be intimidated by those plans. Ghostie has made her frame out of PVC pipe. I ended up making my frame out of wood, and the crank arm out of parts scavenged from work. Once you understand the concept of how it works, you can modify it with material you have at hand or can afford. There's also an easy how to which I borrowed some ideas from, mainly the frame and the epoxied washer. Easy FCG page. Only thing I'd recommend is not using a rotisserie motor.
You still have time, so let's see one this year from you both. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts