Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good choice. Avoid Husky! I bought a Husky about a year ago and the metal crank arm on the motor broke in 3 freaking places. I couldn't believe it when I took it apart. I thought Husky was "supposed" to be a good brand. I'm glad I was only using it as a back up to my bigger comp. I wish I could find an email address for Husky. I'd love to email 'em some pics.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good choice. Avoid Husky! I bought a Husky about a year ago and the metal crank arm on the motor broke in 3 freaking places. I couldn't believe it when I took it apart. I thought Husky was "supposed" to be a good brand. I'm glad I was only using it as a back up to my bigger comp. I wish I could find an email address for Husky. I'd love to email 'em some pics.
This link might help

http://www.huskytools.com/contact.aspx

·
Registered
286 Posts
I called Husky today, it seems that there is only a one year guarantee from the time of purchase, even if you never used it. So I guess I'm out of luck.
Did you speak with your local manager where you bought it? If you don't get results with him/her then KINDLY ask if there is someone above them that may be able to help, after acknowledging that you understand their hands are tied. I was once very dis satisfied with a lawn tractor, I bought from HD, and after a year and a half, I thought, well, asking if they can do something can't hurt, and much to my surprise, they pro rated me a refund and I bought another model that I was happy with. I have since had good experience with them. Just stress the importance of good customer service. Use that to your advantage! Don't be rude, try to get who ever you are speaking with to empathize with you, so they will WANT to help you. Ask them if there is a more commercial grade compressor that will be more suitable for you.
If you just trash them and their brand, they will not want to help.
I hope that helps! Good luck!

Oh and to get back on topic, Congrats Troy! Let me guess, To blow the dirt off the porch? JK!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you speak with your local manager where you bought it? If you don't get results with him/her then KINDLY ask if there is someone above them that may be able to help, after acknowledging that you understand their hands are tied. I was once very dis satisfied with a lawn tractor, I bought from HD, and after a year and a half, I thought, well, asking if they can do something can't hurt, and much to my surprise, they pro rated me a refund and I bought another model that I was happy with. I have since had good experience with them. Just stress the importance of good customer service. Use that to your advantage! Don't be rude, try to get who ever you are speaking with to empathize with you, so they will WANT to help you. Ask them if there is a more commercial grade compressor that will be more suitable for you.
If you just trash them and their brand, they will not want to help.
I hope that helps! Good luck!

Oh and to get back on topic, Congrats Troy! Let me guess, To blow the dirt off the porch? JK!
haha, you got it!:D Now if i only had some of your skills Mr 10-31 man, i would be set!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts