Haunt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i did build a cauldron last year but its too small. I need a bigger one.

I bought a record player to use in my stiring cauldron prop, problem, the cauldron i have now is too small for it. How can i build a bigger cauldron? any ideas?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
55 gal drum cut to size?

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the record player is 18 inches long. and 14 inches wide

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
You may have to hack that down to just the turn table to make it fit. Time to get the tools out.

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may have to hack that down to just the turn table to make it fit. Time to get the tools out.
it is just the turn table. if i hack it down even more it wont work.

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah the large plastic tub is what my couldron now is made of. its just a little too small. see.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I made one of the 55gallon cauldrons last year and it turned out pretty good... it costs less if you find one that's already black though. I think I had $20 in it between the paint, glue and blue foam stuff.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I second the scarefx link. His is the best.

....and when you're done with the cauldron, make on of his toe pincher coffins.

You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
743 Posts
There are a few threads with great info in them on this forum, try doing a search thru the drop down menu at the top of the screen.. heres one http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=6561.

Bob Andrews made a stellar cauldron a few years back that he showed me, and I fashioned the original shape of mine from his. He is on the forum, he may still have pictures?

·
Grrr
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it seems to me, those couldrons are too skinny. i need a wide one so the record player can fit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts