Haunt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Burning Man

Alright, I have been thinking of different props that no one has done yet and I think I've found a really cool one. Basically it would be a man that is lying upon his arm on the ground with the skin on the arm he's lying on, his clothes, etc. are burning and such. As though something from below is heating him up to extreme temperatures. Any ideas on how to make this a reality?

Soul Killers/Fetish/Stygian Dolls from Diablo 2

Alright before you judge the prop based upon the name "fetish" note it's nothing sexual. These are little demons that are remenescant of the Zuni Hunting Fetish doll/totem thing from Trilogy of Terror. They are about 1 foot tall and have straw dresses like the hula dancers in Hawaii that are in colors of red,blue or green. They carry either bamboo dart shooters, a large butcher knife (ToT refrence?) or a spear. They have round heads, are dark skinned, have shoulder length jet black hair and have sharp teeth and seem to have no lips which expose these sharp, thin, triangular teeth. I want to make 3 groups of 3 of them. One green, one red and one blue. Any clue how to make this dream of mine a reality?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well as for the Burning Man, you're safest bet is probably a Peppers Ghost effect. Go to http://www.hauntproject.com/projdetail.asp?category=Peppers Ghost for idea's

With the Stygian Dolls, perhaps a chicken wire frame covered with papier mache, tooth pics for teeth. Maybe even use a mini skeleton as a support instead.

Best advice: try something, if it doesn't work, see where it's going wrong and try to improve on it, or scrap it completely and try something else!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well in that case, I have another idea.
Make or buy a prop arm, but make sure it's hollow. Drill a load of holes all along the top and fasten ragged bits of saran wrap or something similar to it. Light it from the inside with red, orange and a few blue LEDs and then, using an air compressor or maybe just a fan, pump a load of air through it and it should create quite a cool flame effect.
This is just an idea that I've basically developed as I typed so not sure if it would even work, but it's a start!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting but still off my friend, not trying to actually make him look on fire, but that the surface has been heating to the point where skin is burning not on fire. As for the Zuni, tis triangular teeth, not spiked and narrow. I think a metal frame with paper mache muscles would work, but would is it possible to add a thin layer of paper mache and bend a light metal wire without it breaking?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I'm still not sure what you are wanting for the burning effect, but you could do chicken wire body form, cover it with clothing, add internal red lights that flicker or fade on and off, and add a fog machine inside so it goes slowly through the clothes.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You're welcome EITD. That website is fantastic, there are hundreds of brilliant idea's and how to's. Def one to be bookmarked!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.