Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm baaaaack.

I won't go on and on with BORING details: like how we could look out our bedroom window and watch giraffe grazing, or how a white rhino crossed the street in front of us, or how we caught a spitting Rinkholts cobra. I won't even mention watching the cheetah's feeding...

I had a great time, and when I clear this jet lag I'm going to get back to prop building.

So, do I belong to the International chapter of Hauntforum now?!?!?!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One last one:

This one's for skullboy and the rest of you alcoholics?:

Absinthe was legal in Africa. The other bottle is wrapped in real barb wire and is refered to by the locals as "Devil's urine". It tasted terrible, but it was awesome!!!

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Wow Slimy - they are some great pics. From the looks of you, you were in your "happy place". I'm very glad you had a wonderful time and came back in one piece. Were you really that close to the animals or did you use a camera with one of those extended lenses.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Ah, my friend- I think you may be the ONLY international member right now! LOL

Do we even have anyone else except from the US and Canada?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Ah, my friend- I think you may be the ONLY international member right now! LOL

Do we even have anyone else except from the US and Canada?
There's a guy from England on here, isn't there? He mentioned being in London... I'd swear it... I visited his website a few months ago and grabbed a piece of MIDI music from it; it was some score music from "Candyman" done to sound like a music box. Dunno if he's posted in a long time, can't remember the name.

Slimy: NIIIIICE!! Those pix are awesome. Sipping absinthe in Africa... you man's man you... just a regular Hemingway, you are! :D

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow Slimy - they are some great pics. From the looks of you, you were in your "happy place". I'm very glad you had a wonderful time and came back in one piece. Were you really that close to the animals or did you use a camera with one of those extended lenses.
Sorry to disappoint Weiner, but my camera is not all that. I actually got that close. No extended lenses here, no photoshop, nothing. The rhino had just crossed the road ( sorry I didn't get a shot of that) and was standing about a car length away. We threw the bones to the cheetahs, and as one was eating, he actually HIT ME IN THE FOOT WITH HIS TAIL. It was incredible. The dumbest photo was the snake. We caught him and relocated him away from the lodge. As we let him go in the road, he raised up and posed for pics. I was about 18 inches from him when I took his picture. Did I mention that he was a spitter? Stupid move, but made a nice memory.

Speaking of props..... imagine what someone like davethedead would do with this:

It's a real jawbone from an African elephant. Nobody would help me smuggle it home, so it won't be in the haunt this year.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Those are AMAZING pictures....very cool. I love them. Where were you in Africa? vacation? Just wonderin

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Welcome back Slimy
Beautiful pics ...
That would be cool to do.
Glad you had a good time.
Especially after you walked out of the liquor store with those 2 bottles haha

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Are you sure that's not Detroit? Just kidding, I grew up there and thier's no jaw bones like that, HA HA HA!

I'd love to go there and just see everything with my own eye's, I bet it's undescribable!

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
Welcome Home Slimy! The pics look great. Looks like you guys had a blast. For your haunt this year you need to have a safari gone bad. And you can wear a pith helmet and be the guide. You'll have to do the rock band next year. I know, your witch could be a witch doctor. Missed you, glad you're back. Wish I had gotten my hauntforum shirt before I went to Ireland, then I to could be a member of the Hauntforum International Club. I'll have it next time.

·
JT's Sidekick
2,630 Posts
Slimy, Welcome back brother!!!!!

Glad to see you made it home in one piece.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts