Haunt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a bunch of those cheap rubber rats and some birds that work fine during the day but all but disappear at night. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make their eyes shine in the night? I guess there is glow in the dark paint but that seems very 2-D. I have also seen glow in the dark beads but the ones I have seen are pretty dull. Has anyone seen any 2mm to 4mm simple red or white glass eyes that might work? I don't think LED lights will work without drilling and creating a lot of work, but if there is a simple way to do those I would be open to it.
You could try balloon lights and change them out as they fail. They start out really bright, then dim down and will stay at that level for quite a while. They 9 bucks for a bag of 50 might be worth a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used those balloon lights in the past (for balloons) and had great luck. I set two on the mantle once after Halloween, and they burned for over a year nonstop. Dim, yes, but they were still visibly lit. I'm not sure how you'd use them on the rats and birds though. Neat idea. I've disassembled them and it's just the LED, and a couple batteries. Smaller than a marble, but not the 4mm you may have in mind.
True. I was thinking they are really cheap powered leds already setup with a battery, that last a long time. But you'd still be stuck with having to fit them somehow. Perhaps they could be used to backlight the rats/birds so they don't disappear in the dark then? Wouldn't be the same as glowing eyes but might have a good although different effect. Sorry if I sent you all down a rabbit hole.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts