Haunt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have to ask a question about a sign I put up in my yard for Halloween.

Sometime ago I created several wooden signs (made from wooden palletes) that get hammered into the lawn as a Halloween Decoration. While my wife doesnt enjoy Halloween as much as I do, I still try to involve her as much as possible in the decorations. Anyway, when I asked her what she would like to see painted on one of the signs, she said "Semetary" from Steven King's "Pet Cemetary" book cover art. Personally it drives me nuts evertime I see it, because it is grossly misspelled. I misspell things all the time, but never intentionally and in large signage print!

So what are your thoughts? Am I overreacting? Is this the type of thing that people who read Steven King's books will think I am cool or equally as illiterate?

·
Registered
267 Posts
IIRC, the misspelling was deliberate since it was done by kids. I say if you're going to do it that way, make sure the S is backwards, kind of like a kid would do, and be assured those that read Stephen King would know. On the other hand, those that haven't will just think you're illiterate. :D
Great help, huh?
My opinion, though, is to spell it correctly. Or switch to "Graveyard" instead.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
What Michigal said. The title of the book is derived from the fact that the kids in the book created the pet cemetery, and because of their age/education level, misspelled it.

·
Can't keep up with Roxy!
3,526 Posts
Throw the word "pet" in front of it... cut's right to the chase. JMHO.

·
JT's Sidekick
2,630 Posts
I have to agree with Lady Nyxie, make it obvious or someones not going to catch the reference.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant get a divorce, she would get half of my Halloween Decorations. Guess I will just have to live illiteracy on my front lawn. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts