Haunt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zombie-F. Thanks for fixing the image link in my tombstone entry. Could you explain how to do this? I read the post on the new way to get an image on your post but couldn't figure it out. Sorry, I'm not that versed on how to post and use forums. Tried to do a search on the image editor and read the FAQ's page so I did some homework but when you don't understand the terminology it's hard to figure out what you want to do!!!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
darryl said:
Zombie-F. Thanks for fixing the image link in my tombstone entry. Could you explain how to do this? I read the post on the new way to get an image on your post but couldn't figure it out. Sorry, I'm not that versed on how to post and use forums. Tried to do a search on the image editor and read the FAQ's page so I did some homework but when you don't understand the terminology it's hard to figure out what you want to do!!!
What you had done was linked to the page that the image lies on as opposed to the image itself. You need to have the url (internet address) for the image itself, not the page that you can see it on.

To get the image's direct address, you can right-click your mouse on the image and select "Copy Image Location" (if using Firefox) or else selct "Properties" in Internet Explorer. If using IE, look at the properties box and find the line titled "address (URL)." Hilight it and press CTRL + C. That copies the image's address.

Then just paste the address in between the [ img ][/ img ] code (use CTRL + V) and that should post the image directly.

Did that help at all? I'm not really that good at explaining things like this. :(

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to try one here:

Here goes.
Sweet!! Thanks Dr. M and Zombie. It worked great. Hopefully this will help some others out also. You did a great job explaining Zombie, I would have had a hard time figuring that one out on my own!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a quick thanks to you also Dr. M. I saved your link so I can go there to problem solve later if needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts