Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to many haunted houses made by people or the ones at a fair. I will admit not much of them have scared me. I was more amazed on how they set everything up. I remember being at a fair and I went to this made haunted house. I was going along saying to myself, "Oh yeah that's not scary, That looks cool". Then all of a sudden a guys jumps out in a costume scaring the hell out of me. He was lucky that I never punch him. I have done that to a friend one time for trying to scare me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
To be honest I do not ever remember being scared in a haunted house...the closest I came to being scared in one was being lost in a pitch black maze at the end of one...didn't think I would ever find my way out wasn't really scared just high anxiety I guess.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Barrett's Haunted Mansion in Abington, MA does the best job in the scare department, IMO. They change it every year, and have the art of scaring down to a science, utilizing disorienting surroundings to make you feel less than comfortable and then hitting you with a good scare. If you live in Massachusetts and haven't been, you should really check it out this October.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Barrett's is pretty cool. Makes ya feel kind of lucky that we have so many options at Halloween between Barrett's, Spooky World, Witch's Woods, Salem, the Ghost Story Theater in Plymouth, and many other little haunts and hayrides throughout New England.

My girlfriend always gets pissed at me when we go through haunted houses because I don't get scared. I usually end up laughing and admiring the props. One time, a guy jumped out to scare me, and I didn't even flinch. I just laughed. Well, my girlfriend thought that it was mean of me to laugh. When I asked her why, she said "That guy was trying to scare you, and when you laughed, you may have hurt his feelings!" Well, not even the scares in the haunted house could make me laugh harder than that statement did! :voorhees:

·
Registered
186 Posts
No I never got scared in the haunted houses I've been to. The rides usually last for 10 minutes and you only see those skeletons with glowing eyes and you hear someone screaming. Unfortunately, there's no Spooky World or any great haunted houses where I live. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
One year at Spooky World I was wearing a Misfits T-Shirt and one of the guys in the Cirque Macabre house started singing "American Nightmare" (or was it "Hybrid Moments"?) at me. I think they enjoy a good laugh, as long as you're not a jerk about it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Zombie-F said:
One year at Spooky World I was wearing a Misfits T-Shirt and one of the guys in the Cirque Macabre house started singing "American Nightmare" (or was it "Hybrid Moments"?) at me. I think they enjoy a good laugh, as long as you're not a jerk about it.
It was "American Nightmare", and yes, it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can honetly say I have ne.ver been scared by anyhing in a haunted house.I had my on haunte house last year and scaed he **** out of my mom' friends though they started running and fell over each other and knocked down some little kid.Lol... :D

·
Banned
764 Posts
well im not gonna say scared but startled...... have to line up against a wall.....everythings black so dark ......strobes start and people are in your face i dunno where they came from..... i pushed one away had to be told not to....i didnt me too it was just a reflex ........

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I went to the Niles Haunted house. inside they had a levitating girl on a bed. I walked up and bent over to get a look at the mechanism. it must have looked like i WAS TRYING TO GET A GOOD LOOK UP THE GIRLS DRESS suddenly a demon head on a pnumatic cylinder poped out about 3 feet from a trap door in the matress. It didn't really scare me, but it did trigger my super human cat-like reflexes.I was at point blank range and almost got a face full of demon mask. My wife laughed her ass off.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I know i've been to alot of haunted houses where they always have someone with a chainsaw! ALWAYS! I remember once I went to one at a local fire department, and there was a guy there with a chainsaw and a Leatherface mask, ( which suprised me because they are usually wearing a Jason mask, ) and he got the saw right up close to me and it scared me to DEATH! lol! I'm sure the chain was taken off of the saw though, or he wouldn't have gotten so close to me.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I cant even get into a haunted house. My anxiety gets really high before I even get in line. Im petrified of actually being murdered in one so I wont go...So I guess my answer is yes and no to being in a hauted house, maze or such for the scared level.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I always like the anticipation while waiting in line to go in. The part that always gets me is when I trying to focus on something that I think is going to "pop" out at me, someone comes up behind me and starts to breath down my neck. It always gets me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Not scared but extremely startled. The Holly Hotel in Holly, MI did a great haunted house. And going up the wide, sweeping staircase, when you didn't expect it, a massive scythe came swooping down just over our heads.
I gotta say, it almost made me pee my pants.
The rest of the dark maze was pretty good, too. The other good startle was when the car came at you. It didn't help I was in the front, either, and had people hanging on to me for dear life while I tried to negotiate the darkness. :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
Haunted Houses freak me out... comes from being tormented as a child I guess...

When I was but a wee sprout - the Jaycees used to have a haunted house - and the character that I remember well was a guy that just walked against the flow of people in a stark white hallway... he wouldn't blink and you couldn't distract him, and he wouldn't look anywhere but straight ahead.

He had people glued to the walls.

This was 30 years ago.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I think (as said previously) "startled" is the better word. Its kind of tough to imagine that real monsters have somehow joined up with a traveling Haunted House with the vested interest in dining on your liver, so I cant say I was ever scared per se, but I have been surprised.

I like going solely to see something new or inventive that can give me ideas on what might look good in my yard. But my wife will actually avoid them if she thinks she will be scared too much. Cracks me up! Out here we have Knotts Berry Farm which transforms into Knotts Scary Farm during the season. I still seem to enjoy it and generally see something that I find really cool each year. Whether startled, surprised, or even scared its just good fun.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts