Haunt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to order some fabricated circuit boards and have a bit of space left in the order for other items. Just thought I'd post and see if there was any interest for a flickering LED driver circuit board?

Description:

This would be a small circuit board which allows you to attach one 'flicker LED' (such as the garden variety yellow flicker LED from a tea light), you would also solder in a 2N2222 transistor. Then you can add up to four normal LEDs...your choice on color and size. The flicker LED / transistor combo serve as a high current driver for the normal LEDs, so you can have a brighter, more colorful flicker. Spaces would also be provided for current limiting resistors to allow small adjustments for various voltages.

A demo starts about 8:30 in this video:

I would expect these to be around $1 each, delivered, for small quantities, so if interested, please let me know a quantity and I may see what I can fit into the order.

(note - Your reply does not constitute a specific order unless you say you absolutely want to reserve some boards. This is more of a 'testing the waters' thread. )

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same delivery deal to Canada?

these would be handy for BIG candles :)
These things are so small, several dozen could fit in a business letter envelope, so I'm expecting US shipping to be trivial letter rate for most any order.

USPS is currently showing $1.42 to mail a business envelope to Canada, so assuming your order would fit in that, you might be looking at a small extra charge of $1 divided by how ever many boards you wish to purchase.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I would commit to 20 boards.

·
Registered
547 Posts
These things are so small, several dozen could fit in a business letter envelope, so I'm expecting US shipping to be trivial letter rate for most any order.

USPS is currently showing $1.42 to mail a business envelope to Canada, so assuming your order would fit in that, you might be looking at a small extra charge of $1 divided by how ever many boards you wish to purchase.
i'm down for 15 if that's true :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, looks like a few dozen boards could be useful. I have 150 on order, due in 2-4 weeks. In the mean time, I will make a little more detailed demo video and move this over to the "Group Buy" forum. So keep an eye out over there!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've made a post in the 'For Sale' section since this wasn't really a pre-organized 'group buy'. Feel free to read all the details in that thread and PM me with your order.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts