Haunt Forum banner

Will you participate in the 2007 HauntForum DVD?

• I'd love to!

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • I'm not too sure about it yet.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I'd like to, but am not sure I can get a camera in time.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • No.

Votes: 1 3.7%
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Since the 2006 DVD was successful, I'd like for everyone here to start thinking about the 2007 DVD. Anyone that wants to participate should start thinking about how to film for this year, maybe come up with ideas for how to shoot and edit their video, voiceover work, behind-the-scenes stuff, etc.

I know it seems early, but the sooner I announce this the better. It gives ample time for you all to prepare for it, especially in regards to filming behind-the-scenes stuff.

Here is the list of guidelines to follow, all similar to last year's compilation:
  • Seven minute time limit guideline for entries. Not a rule, just a guideline. Just remember, the longer the entries, the more likely we'll need to make this a 2... 3... 4... etc... disc set, thus driving the cost of it up. If your entry needs to be longer to be able to show everything, then so be it.
  • Try to only show each prop for no more than 10 - 30 seconds unless it has a long cycle time, or has some unique feature/function that you really want to show off.
  • Don't show the same prop more than once or twice. Your stuff is all great, but to keep the DVD moving along, it's best if you don't show your FCG or coffin leaper 12 times. A daytime and/or night time shot is sufficient.
  • Daytime and nighttime video is encouraged so everything can be seen in good lighting as well as under haunt lighting.
  • Entries that are overlong and drag in places will be edited down. The above guidelines spell out for you what I mean by dragging in places and overlong.
  • All submissions must be in by January 31, 2008. I will, however, accept new additions right up until I'm done editing and compiling the DVD. Once I burn a master copy though, no more new entries will be accepted.
  • Entries edited by the haunter must be in the US standard, Full-Screen 30 Frames Per Second format. I'd rather not have to make separate discs for entries that are in 25 FPS or in widescreen. If you have no idea about how to do this, I think I could walk you through it.

I will also accept slideshows of still photos. If you need help making a slideshow, you can just submit the photos to me and let me create a video slideshow for you. More info on submitting will be posted after Halloween 2007.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I don't have a stunning display but I could definatly get in a 5min thing with our planned party. Also, i'm helping my friend's family with their haunt could I make a seperate vid for them to enter?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a stunning display but I could definatly get in a 5min thing with our planned party. Also, i'm helping my friend's family with their haunt could I make a seperate vid for them to enter?
Well, the vid is for HauntForum members only, but if you could persuade them to join and participate a little, then sure you could submit on their behalf.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
haha Dr. Morbius don't worry at least i'll think it's good! Another question, do you have a preference on quality?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, any more takers to be on this year's DVD compilation? There's still plenty of time to plan for it. I really hope to get more entries this year and make it a two-disc offering. ;)

Remember to take how-to pics and videos and other behind-the-scenes stuff for the bonus offerings!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
GOTTA start practicing with the software gonna make the deadline this year.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I will definitely try and get something in...I'm thinking maybe I will do a couple dif ones so I can pic and choose.
Last yrs DVD was great.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I lack a high res video camera, but I have a lower res DV recorder and a very nice digital camera for nice stills which I didn't have last year, so I think I would be able to contribute this year.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I think I should be able to supply some video of the Chicago make and take. If everything goes ok.

Also, I would like to again help with the ftp site again. I have been working on understanding uploading with a little flash program. I am hoping to have it done soon. Right now it doesn't work with the uploading part. But it will select a file and shows you how big it is and all that. Maybe Zombie would like my help again with the ftp site. If so, I am here to help.

Here is a sample of the flash uploader program.

http://www.nakedfrog.net/myuploader.html

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I should be able to supply some video of the Chicago make and take. If everything goes ok.

Also, I would like to again help with the ftp site again. I have been working on understanding uploading with a little flash program. I am hoping to have it done soon. Right now it doesn't work with the uploading part. But it will select a file and shows you how big it is and all that. Maybe Zombie would like my help again with the ftp site. If so, I am here to help.

Here is a sample of the flash uploader program.

http://www.nakedfrog.net/myuploader.html
With my new host here, I probably won't need the FTP help again. Of course, unforseen problems always lurk around every corner, so you never know. Thank you again for the offer to host files for us. It is appreciated very much. :D

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Please also count me in again!!! It was great to see the other Haunts on Video, and our son loves watching it, over and over and over... LOL This time I will take the pics before it gets cold out.... :googly: Maybe even get a video done this time. :D Those are great to watch! Thanks Z-F!!!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This year I'll be sure to slap together the preview BEFORE I send the disc out to be copied so I can include it in the extras. :p

Thanks to everyone who donated video for last year's. I think it was a great success and really believe next year's will be even better!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts