Haunt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the help of fellow forum member Otaku, I will be offering a device that will power down servos for talking skulls, as well as trigger VSA remotely. Here is a video of the device in action. Right now, it has time length options based on how long your routine is so when it's over, the device will power down your servos untill a pressure mat or PIR is triggered, then VSA will start again along with the power to the servo controller board and servos. My question is, would people be interested in the timed power down feature, and if so, do you want control over that, or would 15 mins be long anough for any routine anyone might make for VSA? As of now, the device has a selectable time range of 1 min to about 20 mins. with an option to turn the timer off for an "Always on" feature. Any input would be appreciated, Otaku and I have been working on this for about a month now.

pdrev2trim video by DrMorbius02 - [email protected]@[email protected]@http://vid23.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/DrMorbius02/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@b364/DrMorbius02/pdrev2trim

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is based on a keyboard circuitboard hack. It basically just emulates an ENTER keystroke, so it only triggers one routine. Yes, people CAN hack thier mouse to do the same thing, but then you lose your mouse control, and there is the hassle of making sure the mouse pointer is always in the right place. I tried my hack and it works great. I make it available to those who don't want to bother mapping out a keyboard chip and mounting a project box for it.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I know. PhoenixUK, a member here and at HalloweenForum is building and selling a really cool device called Exorcist..It looks like a really great solution for remotley triggering VSA for multiple routines and multiple sound channels, but isn't available yet..(I may be wrong, Phoenix, if you're reading this, please correct me). This may be something you would want to wait for, as it sounds like you want to trigger multiple routines.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts