Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ya until everyone starts seeing ghosts and people start dieing.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I would love to buy an old asylum, I would live on it. I had a buddy that lived in Fenton Mich. there was an old abandoned asylum across the street from him. had 3 levels up and a basement that went down 3 levels. it was used for halloween for awhile until the city shut it down. the stairways were in bad shape. some one ended up buying it for a song.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The "Ghost Hunters" went to an old Asylum last season. I see their show last week was at an old Sanitorium in Kentucky. They did have some interesting encounters there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
HibLaGrande said:
I would love to buy an old asylum, I would live on it. I had a buddy that lived in Fenton Mich. there was an old abandoned asylum across the street from him. had 3 levels up and a basement that went down 3 levels. it was used for halloween for awhile until the city shut it down. the stairways were in bad shape. some one ended up buying it for a song.
Actually, I believe that was an old rectory/monastery (I spent my first married life in Holly...next door to Fenton).
I've heard it's been torn down now. Too bad it's no longer in existence...it was a premier place for a haunt.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The "Ghost Hunters" went to an old Asylum last season. I see their show last week was at an old Sanitorium in Kentucky. They did have some interesting encounters there.
I believe you are referring to the WAVERY HILLS SANITORUM which if I walked out of the shop door and went to the street I can see the bell tower from here.
Lot's of people died there from TB, it's a horrible history that place has, growing up right by it as a child I can remeber playing in the building.
I never saw any ghost but you can get the feeling of hundreds of people with hopes of living only to die, very spooky place.
The owners of the place do a haunted house out of the place and make a mockery of the place.
Im not much on ghost and spirits but if they do exist I hope they let those people have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts