Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Line is hoping to release its 10th film in the sturdy "Friday the 13th"" franchise on -- surprise -- Friday, Oct. 13. Studio's launched development of a script about Jason Voorhees' origins:voorhees:

That's from Variety.
Holy ****. New Jason! Well, if it's an "origin" story, it's only kinda new, but still.:voorhees:
And, I know they got the 10th film thing all wrong, this would be the 11th, or 12th if you count that piece pf crap FvJ flick, and it would be New Lines 3rd or 4th, depending again, on FvJ.
Maybe they'll get Kane to come back.:voorhees:

Ok, this is what, nine months away, or so? No script, no cast, no budget.
So what!
MORE JASON!!!!!:voorhees:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
VtheVamp said:
Well as always it might suck but being a fan I will see it anyway. :voorhees:
Truth. JasonX wasn't very good, but it did have a few "good" kills and some good comedy relief in it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, let's be honest:
They're all pretty bad.
But I still love 'em.:voorhees: :voorhees: :voorhees: :voorhees:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Bite your tongue, man, Jason Lives is a damn fine piece of cinema! :D :p :voorhees:

Weeeelllllll, it's the most decent one anyway.

I sure wish to hell Tarantino could have helmed a "Friday" film; that would have been the one to end 'em all.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:voorhees: I kinda like this "origin story" idea.
New Line HAD been kicking around a remake of the first film. I hope this film replaces a remake.
And, as cool as it was to see the FBI and army finally make a move against Jason, I do kinda want to see him go back to the "urban myth" type of character he was in part 2.:voorhees:

Can't wait to see, hope they don't **** it up.:voorhees:
Although, I'm pretty sure they will. It's sad when the fans care more about a franchise than the studio.:voorhees:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Michael Bay?:voorhees:
No fair.
It's not right to get me all excited like that, and then throw Michael Bay on me.:voorhees:
I hope he has no involvement.:voorhees:

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is a quote from the horrorchannel:

"New Line has made the official announcement of the 11th Friday the 13th film, which Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes has come aboard to make sure it gets to screens in all its horrific glory. To call if "fast-tracked" is an understatement, as Variety is stating that the plan is still to try and have it in theaters by Friday, October 13th."

Anything with Michael Bay's name on it is doomed to be a ****ing horrible movie.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I think she's right, but maybe it's just his production company that'll be behind it, and maybe we'll be lucky enough to have HIM not directly involved. I somehow doubt Michael Bay will have any direct involvement since, well, it is a Friday the 13th movie and I'm sure he thinks he's "better" than that.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Strange. He's directing the Transformers flick, apparently.

And, The Rock wasn't really awful.

But, Pearl Harbor? Armegeddon? :sick:
Oh, maybe it'll be a new Jason X movie, and he'll fall through the sky like an asteroid from Armegeddon!:rolleyes:

Really, action directors have no buisiness doing slasher movies. I pray it's just being handled by his production company, not him directly.:voorhees:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The director, barring a last minute change, is going to be Jonathan Liebesman who helmed the terrible DARKNESS FALLS, the surprisingly good bridge between RING and RING 2 called RINGS and the question mark that is the TEXAS CHAINSAW prequel. :voorhees:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Oh **** Me

It's a REMAKE now...

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/va/20060222/114059968900.html

How is Jason going to wear a hockey mask in a remake of a movie HE'S BARELY IN!!! Oh I know, it'll hardly resemble the original. Why can't they just come up with original ideas instead of continually pissing all over classics. That's right, I called F13th a classic. :p

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Already a topic for this, so I'll just merge this with that posting...

I did cry, and I think I'll cry again and again.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not gonna get to wrapped up in the "remake" part of this.

Remember, the bottom line is that New Line has been looking for about a year now on how they could re-launch the franchise.
Think of it the same as when a comic resets its numbers, to get an all new issue one.

We know you can't make a straight remake of the first film, and still have Jason prowling around, and wearing the mask. So, it's not really a remake.
Re-imagining? Maybe.

I'm still gonna hope for a straight Friday flick, with Jason killing a bunch of kids, with all this "origin" nonsense told as flashbacks. It worked great in the second film. It should work here, on a larger scale.

And, remember, there is no continuity in this series anyways, because the fans care more than the studios do. Part 7: clearly set in 1987/88, but at the same time, Jason has been down in that lake for more than a decade, in film time. Every movie is set in its year of release, and that just doesn't work.
So if, when the series restarts, there was no Pamela Voorhees, well, then that's that. Maybe we'll finally see Elias. Or, maybe now, there never was an Elias. Maybe Jason has a little maggot demon living in him. Maybe not. Maybe JAson looked like he was retarded when he was born. Maybe not. Hell, that's different in the series as it is now!:voorhees:

It's like CRISIS. There's pre-CRISIS continuity, where Superman could move planets around with out breaking a sweat, and breathe in space, and Post-CRISIS continuity, where he can't.

Hell, I'm just glad they're keepin the hockey mask. Remember when they made JGTH, Cunningham didn't care what they did, as long as they got rid of the mask. So, instead, they made it part of his face.:voorhees:

Whatever. If it comes out (what will really come out this year: Jason X.1, or Chinese Democracy?) I have a hard time imagining myself NOT going to see it. If only just to complain about how bad it was.:voorhees: :googly:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts