Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Good turn out last night! We had 80 Circus LollyPops to give out, and at the end of the night had 4 left. (You do the math ... numbers and I don't get along.) We also had a lot of people (Adults) coming just to see the setup. So all-in-all we had well over 100 people come by. Not bad for our little neighborhood. On a Sunday. During World Series.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We were talking about it after we shut down and our actual number was 19, someone showed up as I was turning off the lights and my wife gave them candy. Virtually nobody else in the neighborhood decorated at all (I drove around on Saturday and counted houses that did ANYTHING, even just put out a pumpkin and out of hundreds of houses, I didn't even get to 15) and really, only a handful of houses even had their lights on. We watched as a group of trick or treaters went to our next door neighbor's house, they were turned away and the light went off. I guess I understand the low numbers when fewer and fewer people are even making an effort. We went out to eat afterwards and we're debating how much it's worth going all out next year. It's a lot of time and effort to go to for so few people to even come by.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,783 Posts
We had 186 TOTers and 7 four-legged TOTers yesterday. A lot of families were out and enjoyed the yardhaunt. The only odd thing that I encounted was at the end of the night, some of the TOTers were walking by and I called them over to give them a candy bag (with all the webs on the porch, some people were having trouble seeing us sitting there), they said that I already hooked them up. :oops: They were so happy to get more treats.

I don't know about you, but walking back home, I would always try my luck at getting more candy and it always paid off. Kids today!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wasn't really counting, think around 50 ish but I think pretty much after the first hour hardly any body came. Think the biggest group was about 10 and they were older teenagers. Actually had more last year, but seems more like normal, but it was cold windy and rainy too. Not many were giving out here either in our small sub, wife sounded like less than half as her and the one daughter were taking the grandkids around.

·
Registered
663 Posts
We usually get the same young family that comes every year about 5:30 then nothing until after 6:15. By dark last night we had 49. We count everyone because we get a bunch of adults with no kids that just come to see the display. Several times the street was so full you couldn't count. Guessing about 220 total with 3 dogs. We usually get 4-6 dogs BTW. It was a good night. We usually have a few stragglers around 9:15 but everyone is mostly gone by 9. It seemed like it was closer to 8:30 last night with a couple exceptions but they started when it was way too early and didn't let up much.

·
Registered
Yard haunters since 1998
42 Posts
We usually get the same young family that comes every year about 5:30 then nothing until after 6:15. By dark last night we had 49. We count everyone because we get a bunch of adults with no kids that just come to see the display. Several times the street was so full you couldn't count. Guessing about 220 total with 3 dogs. We usually get 4-6 dogs BTW. It was a good night. We usually have a few stragglers around 9:15 but everyone is mostly gone by 9. It seemed like it was closer to 8:30 last night with a couple exceptions but they started when it was way too early and didn't let up much.
Funny, after 11 prior Halloweens we also typically don't get any TOTs until after 6 PM, with the bulk coming between 7 and 8 PM, save for one year when we got one young family around 5:30 PM, so we figured if we started lighting all the jack-o-lanterns and turned on all the lights and effects at 5:30 PM we would have plenty of time to prep for handing out treats, and we got 20 TOTs between 5:30 and 6:00 PM. We were scrambling to get back in the house to get the treats for handing out. Wasn't even completely dark out until around 6:30 PM either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Funny, after 11 prior Halloweens we also typically don't get any TOTs until after 6 PM, with the bulk coming between 7 and 8 PM, save for one year when we got one young family around 5:30 PM, so we figured if we started lighting all the jack-o-lanterns and turned on all the lights and effects at 5:30 PM we would have plenty of time to prep for handing out treats, and we got 20 TOTs between 5:30 and 6:00 PM. We were scrambling to get back in the house to get the treats for handing out. Wasn't even completely dark out until around 6:30 PM either.
We always get some little kids before it gets dark except this year. We didn't get a single ToTer under, maybe, 13 all night long. Zero little kids at all.

·
Clean "cut"
27,706 Posts
We had 3, 1, 2, 2, 1 for a total of 9. Our town dictates day and time 5:00 to 7:00 on Halloween night.

·
Typing Lunatic
2,925 Posts
I got between 55-60 tot's and lot of adults' that stop to tell me how much they love the display. I had I think more tot's last year, Sundays are always bad nights for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts