Haunt Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I'm not really sure how many tots I got; it seemed like a lot. I prepped about 70 treat bags and had about 8 left over but I asked a lot of totters to take two bags so I'm guessing I had between 25 - 30 totters. Really fun night!! Started at about 5:30 PM and my last totters came at 8:20 PM. I turned off the lights at 11:00 PM, as I do every year. I had the youngest totters ever this year: I'd say 8 months (seriously) to 11 years. No teens but two adults. I always get teens and adults 9 - 11 PM but not last year or this year. This year the last totters came with two adults.

Anyway fun night and I'm so glad I changed my mind about driveway totting and set up the front walk and yard!! 🎃🎃🎃

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
We were talking about it after we shut down and our actual number was 19, someone showed up as I was turning off the lights and my wife gave them candy. Virtually nobody else in the neighborhood decorated at all (I drove around on Saturday and counted houses that did ANYTHING, even just put out a pumpkin and out of hundreds of houses, I didn't even get to 15) and really, only a handful of houses even had their lights on. We watched as a group of trick or treaters went to our next door neighbor's house, they were turned away and the light went off. I guess I understand the low numbers when fewer and fewer people are even making an effort. We went out to eat afterwards and we're debating how much it's worth going all out next year. It's a lot of time and effort to go to for so few people to even come by.

I understand how you feel; it is so much work! But I hope you continue. For those kids that do treat or treat...they will remember you forever and continue the tradition when they grow up! I did and do.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts