Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Zombie-F's project descriptions because they so detailed. So please don't compare. ;)

I've had several requests, so I finally put together the description for my Witch Stirring a Hanging Cauldron project and published it my web site...Not much else there right now however.

I should have written down some more specific dimensions and during the build but I did not. What is there is more general in nature.

You can find the description at www.scarefx.com in the projects section.

I hope it helps in giving some folks some ideas for building their own.

http://www.scarefx.com/project_witch.html

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Oh man, that thing is sheer madness! I think you posted some pics of this before somewhere, because I remember seeing that caudron before. The cauldron alone looks great, let alone with the witch stirring above it.

I think you did just fine on the how-to. I think the most important thing is to have lots of pics, and you have that covered pretty damn well. I'm definitely going to tackle this project someday. It just looks so cool I have to have it!

Good job!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Wow, great looking prop! I thought it looked great in the pictures, then when I watched the video I was blown away! Also, good how-to, looks very helpful.

nice job!
mike

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I've been envious of that cauldron since I saw it last fall. It's really a great looking prop on its own, even without the witch over it. That is easily one of the best witch stirring props I've seen built so far.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
That witch looks kick ass! :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
That is one terrific prop ScareFX! I think your how-to is great also. The content is well written and you provide a lot of pictures. That helps me more than the content does...I always seem to learn more by studying the pics.

You couldn't have picked a better time to post this how-to as I've been looking for some plans for a cauldron. I think yours is the best I've seen so now I'm on the lookout for a plastic drum :) I just started the witches head two days ago with plans for her to be static...I may have to reconsider since seeing your awesome prop in action. Congrats on a fantastic prop! (and a cool website too)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
That is amazing, I have always wanted to build halloween props and decorations, but guess I never knew where to start. This year since I will be living in a house of my own .. I might try to make something. Atleast I know if I have any questions, I am in the right place :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
WOW!! That witch is absolutely awesome! You did a fantastic job on her. There are other ideas on the web that are similar, but yours ROCKS. I am new to prop building and have only done smaller projects that were easy. Your how-to isn't intimidating at all. Great Job!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was informed last night by hubby that I have a drum coming today...wooo hoooo. He promised he'd find me one when I showed him pics of your cauldron ScareFX. I can't wait till it gets here! :D

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Im trying to replicate it myself, using a head replicated from Ghostess and hands replicated from someone (I found them a couple years ago) and now your barrel cauldron (I need to find a barrell) We got ourselves an old fan and my hubby is rigging it up to go slower so I can use that to make her "stir"

the pics in my signature are of her head and hands, I will be painting her green with a layer of glow in the dark paint on top.
Its no "scareFX" prop but it will do. I really really appreciate all the pics, I love what you have done!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey ScareFX your witch has inspired many of us including myself. I think your How-to is done quite well, it easy to understand and follow. Other people imitating you is a testament to the work you've done and I think everyone has made it perfectly how cool your prop really is!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
OMG Mr. Unpleasant, I didnt realize you and Scare FX were 2 different people. Your cauldron was done so well as an imitation to Scare FX's that I kept going from one site to the other and thinking.. somethings different here... but not really realizing it until now. Cool. Great job!
I hope mine turns out half as good as yours or ScareFXs.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Great how-to and wondeful pics. i won't keep repeating what everyones said, but let me tell you that thing rocks!!
Bet that made more then a few TOT's nervous when they walked by.

1 - 20 of 237 Posts