Haunt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Red Death
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya Haunters, long time no post.

Has anyone seen the Jabberin Jack animated pumpkins? They have them at Target this year and are also available on Amazon. Basically it's a hollowed out plastic pumpkin with a short-throw mini projector on the inside. It comes preloaded with a 70 minute sequence consisting of three personalities, songs, jokes, etc.

Packaging and labeling Box Calabaza Staple food Pumpkin

I'm wondering if anyone has one and maybe tried hacking it, maybe loading a different video on it, etc.

-TM

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You'd have to search - I thought we had a post on here not too long ago about someone who took something similar apart and it actually had a little player and an SD card in it. If this is similar, possibly you could load the SD card with custom files. That might get pretty complicated pretty quick if this is actually projecting some image, though. But if its just making some lights/LEDs blink in response to sound, that might happen automatically in response to a sound file.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Found the other thread. I suspect all these 'talking head' props may use the same guts, but different video files. Seems like they were having a bit of trouble getting the correct format. Possibly you could get on that thread and have a bigger group working on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts