Haunt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of building a jack in the box for this year but am having trouble figuring out the linkage to get the lid to open and the dude to pop out using one ram. Any ideas or links would be a huge help.
Thanks coffin_creature

·
Registered
248 Posts
On my rat mailbox, I attached a piece of fishing line to the door on one end and the other to the end of the ram. The ram opened the door upon activation and the fishing line pulled it closed when it retracted. You would probably be better off using a metal linkage attached the same way. I would use screen door closer brackets and some type of flat metal stock. Attach the bracket to your door towards the hinge, and to your ram or prop somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is a picture and a diagram of the Jack in the Box I made last year. I used a bungee cord to make the clown pop up and a string w/a gate latch to trigger it manually(it had to be reset each time). You could use the same configuration but use a cylinder instead of the bungee cord. You would just have to figure out the best way to mount it. I hope this helps...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a 3'x3' Clown in a box I'm using this year.The 4 bar linkage is attached to the lid.The clown itself is suspended from the lid in front of the linkage.When triggered the lid pops up and the clown emits a scream.All the while a crank arm is spinning on one side playing pop goes the weasel.If anyone had a really good version of this song I would like to hear it.Mine sucks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies and mazz I have a mp3 of pop goes the weasel it's about 15 seconds long and the sound quality is fairly good.
Thanks again
happy haunting coffin_creature

·
Registered
1 Posts
where do I find a good numatic prop book ?

Hi everyone I'm a newbeeeee here ,
I saw a great pneumatic Jack in the box and would love to build one is there some place to find a schematic or book on pneumatic props?
thanks

·
Banned
1,434 Posts
Why not just get an old time jack in the box and reverse engineer it or do I have in mind something different from what you had in mind?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.