Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally found the courage to start with my 2011 halloween props.
I've revisited my original plan (http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=24224) for the 16 feets jack, it will be 12 feets and the jester will remain at 6 feets.

Here the rough of Jack head and neck. I stole the 12" Dora beach ball from my niece ;) and cover it with 3 layer of plaster bandage. When all dry i removed the ball and fill the whole thing with great stuff. Insert a PVC pipe for the neck and here i am.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
I think that's an excellent start. Your niece might disagree, though:D

·
Batty Beautiful
5,633 Posts
looking good. maybe you should buy her another ball to make up for the loss

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont worry, the ball was already in the garbage after she poke it with a pen... i'll buy her a pumpkin face beach ball to replace... thanks for the comments, but dont you think it has an E.T. look so far.. lol

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
I think everyone will see Jack, not E.T.:)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
moving away from E.T a little bit ... ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It`s been a while, but with the newborn baby it's moved in the priority list.lol.

now that we sleep a bit more here some pics of jack's head ready to be sanded and sealed and the jester body (will be dressed so no details here
).

I need your opinion on this one, should i do some teeth to jack or not ? I saw both and still not sure.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
I'd say add teeth and those stitch lines you usually see. Here's a Jack I did a while ago that has both so you can get an idea of how they look on a similar prop:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you're right, it look great.

thanks for the advice

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the nice comments, i should have pics to post soon.

Yesterday i was lucky enough to found a basketball poll in a neighbor garbage :)

The only problem is that it's only 10 feets high, so i have to revise my jack from 16 feets to 12 feets high. I think with my jack skelington at 12 feets and the jester at 6 feets should give an ok look.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After cleaning up the lovely Irene water damage (yes even here in montreal we had it pretty bad), i've finally found some time to do a bit of halloween stuff. Here's some WIP pictures of the jester .

Jester suit :be kind, the first time i've touch a sewing machine..this was funny

Jester head (talking clown head) after the haircut, added some curly red hair and glue on the hat.

The pole for the jester.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's Jack bowtie finished:

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
The sewing job looks fine to me:)

Nice tie!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts