Haunt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welshman staples hand to table emulating 'Jackass' TV stunts
Mon Jan 8, 12:42 PM ET

A booze-fuelled Welshman who was hospitalised with his hand stapled to a table admitted it was a "Jackass"-style prank attempted after watching the US television series.

Jonathan Maybery, 24, from Swansea in south Wales, said he had been watching "Jackass", a cult show filled with crazy and often painful stunts, which inspired the barmy brainwave.

"I've seen 'Jackass' a few times, but I'm not a massive fan. I was drunk and it was just an idea I came up with," he said. Using an all-too-willing friend and a staple gun, he attached his hand to the table -- and was laughing so hard he didn't notice any pain. And he was still howling with laughter when an ambulance crew was called at 3:30 am on Thursday -- and failed to free him from the furniture.

They whisked him to hospital, table included. "I must have been in casualty for about two hours, but was still laughing," the amateur prankster said.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Maybe he should just stick to something simple. Like shooting fire from his butt. Or riding a midget thru a grocery store. No one ever gets hurt from that. LOL.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Maybe its because of my age or something, but I don't get the whole jackass thing.:confused:
I can't see inflicting pain on myself, or to anyone else for that matter.
If I wanted to do that, I'd work overtime, at least that way I'd make some money.:D
Ditto

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
What kind of staple gun did he use? Mine has a hard time going in to my siding to hold my christmas lights up. His went through his hand, and into a table that had to be taken with him to the hospital.

That would make a great commercial for the staple gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts