Haunt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fans of Conan the Barbarian will recognize this.

I always wanted one, and didn't think of making one until recently. Then while searching for a good reference, I discovered that there are folks out there who make for-real replicas...I mean insanely detailed, screen-accurate movie replicas. Genuine pros, devoted to detail. Look at this guy's replica, it makes my little toy look sick. It's even semi-transparent, as jade would be. Don't know anything about his materials or method. I think he might sell them, but I just had to do this myself.

I used half transparent Sculpey 3 and half green Sculpey 3, but mine is not the least bit transparent! And I mean to tell you that stuff is hard to work with! Or I think so. Anyway I don't know why but boy am I glad to have this, LOL!!

I hope this isn't inappropriate -- I'm using General Discussion instead of Showroom, as this is only kindof haunt-related. I think the Witchfinder can find room for it on the wall somewhere...

·
Pumpkin Hill Gravekeeper
1,536 Posts
Actually your version looks really god, although that place looks to have some nice artifacts.

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I hadn't read that he cast it from an original (there were several used on screen I think). Hee hee, that does make me feel a tad better about mine. The circlular parts aren't circles but as I said...Sculpey 3 sticks like a tattoo... :) Thanks nixie & everybody!

If anyone wants to try it, probably it'd be better to use like 90% transparent and 10% green, and bake a small piece to test it first, before sculpting.

EDIT: better still, probably a little yellow should be added to the green, and black or something to lower the saturation of the color.

Thanks Sickie. Me, I see big differences!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts