Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im making a Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th) suit styled after part 7. I tore up a dickies shirt and it looks alright (I might have torn too much on the arms).
My question is, how do you think I can make this look old? Its fairly dark already (looks darker in photo cause its wet), the color is a sea green. I want to make it look old and waterlogged. Suggestions?
:voorhees:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
looks good! but I dont want them to rot so that they become brittle...
i dont really have a garden either.

:voorhees: any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just tried burning the edges on parts of the shirt and it gave a nice effect :)

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I'm not a big fan of real rotting either. besides being brittle, it stinks to high heaven.

I use the cheapest spray paint at a distance to "shade" parts of the clothing. Gray, black and earth-tones all give a nice effect.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I've had good luck using paint. I use the craft acrylic paint and appy it with a torn piece of natural sea sponge. Dab the sponge in a bit of paint, pat it on a piece of paper towel to remove some of the paint and then dab away at the clothing. Mix diff. shades of color and don't over-do it. Here's some examples...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a tough material, know a way to fray the cuts so they dont look chucky and scissor cut?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well this is the result of the red dye and water. Looks good I think. Tea did nothing.

PS. Those arent my legs, theyre my mannequins heheh

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They were made for me a few years back. Theyre out of production now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts