Haunt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loved this book, read it when I was in 5th grade and I was so scared to go into the ocean after seeing the movie..lol

Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, February 13, 2006;

Peter Benchley, 65, the author and conservationist who provided millions of nightmares with "Jaws," the best-selling shark-attack novel that became a classic movie, died Feb. 11 at his Princeton, N.J., home.

A relative said he died of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, a progressive and fatal scarring of the lungs.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Farwell Mr. Blencly, I'm sure you many underwater horror novels and movies based on them well be classics for times to come.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Damn.
Well, I gotta be honest, while it's a great MOVIE,I don't think JAWS is a very good BOOK. Sorry, but it screams out: "Hey, this is my first book." Which, it was.
BEAST and WHITE SHARK, while still pretty much the same book, were much better written.
I've got nothing but respect for Peter though. When he saw what JAWS was doing to sharks, he was the first guy to stand up and say " You know, it was just a book. We really don't need to exterminate all the sharks in the oceans."
He never forgot that, either, and crusaded for sharks, pretty much up to his death.
He will be missed.:( :( :( :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts