Haunt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
68,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spooky1 and I put together another short video, complete with cheesy stop motion effects, with Jon Snow and an encounter with aliens. Thanks to Ed Douglas of Midnight Syndicate for giving permission to use “Serpent’s Lair” from Realm of Shadows as the soundtrack.

Forehead Head Chin Eye Eyebrow

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
LOL, good job and I have questions. OK, tell me please, how you came up with the idea for this: were you binge watching Aliens or The Game Of Thrones? I'm curious. Also really great job on getting the Alien (fetuses?) to move, I was looking for strings but couldn't see any, how did you do that? Overall rating: Made me smile! That was funny! Poor Jon Snow, never catches a break. ⭐

·
Super Moderator
68,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you enjoyed it, PG and Hairazor. PG, no binge watching involved. A while ago I decided to try doing videos with stop motion effects (comes from being a huge fan of the old Ray Harryhausen movies). I started with a simple one of Jon Snow taking a short walk, followed by one that combined stills, stop motion, and regular videos where he meets the Krampus. Spooky1 had a couple of posable alien figurines he was going to give away, and I figured they’d be great for use in a another video before he did.

There are no strings involved in the stop motion parts of the final video ( the aliens moving, and the facehugger crawling out of the pod and then chasing Jon Snow). The effect is created by taking a series of still pictures of the figures and making small changes in their positions between each shot. The pictures are then played back at a high rate in the final video (I use 0.1 or 0.2 seconds per frame) to give the appearance of continuous movement. It’s time consuming to shoot and the result is a bit crude in a vintage way, but we have a lot of fun with it.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I was kidding about the strings because I had no idea how you did it, so I was mocking my ignorance. I am so glad you responded though because I am very interested in this. It does look amazing! :cool: Also your Jon Snow is very cute.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts