Haunt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another iron in the fire...lol. This one will jump up out of a containment tank (I hope).

Progress as I go...

Dennis

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics...

More pics...:jol:

Enjoy :D

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I agree, Slimy. I hate spiders eww and if that jumps out I personally would pee my pants!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sanded and a leg test pattern

Still deciding between luan and wire for the legs, if luan it will look kind of like this template.

Gave him a good sanding with 60 grit, now I'll use some spackling to blend the legs.

Later,

Dennis:jol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,
Looking really awesome so far. For a jumping spider. I would lean toward wire for the legs. Depending on the motion, they may take a lot of abuse.
I built a jumping spider a couple years ago. It is a great prop. I used a spider from Unit-70. You will save a ton making your own and it looks really good!

Are you planning on using pneumatics?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

Yep it will be pneumatic...the plan is a plexi-glass containment tank with blinking security LEDs. The spider jumpsslightly 3 or 4 times at a lower height, then one big jump (the lid opens)...LEDs go off...warning light and maybe a (containment breached sound track....warning...warning...all safety doors have been activated...BOOM...BOOOM (doors shutting)....Have a nice day)

Ambitious...I hope a prop1 can do that. LOL

Dennis

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
wire frame for legs...might boost them up with celluclay.

Later,
Dennis :jol:

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Ooooh - he's looking good. I love spiders!

I'll be watching this space to follow his progress!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Spiders yuck....
Looks good not even done and I think its creepy!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sickie,
those are just temps...made out of index card and tape...just wanted to see what it would looke like. The real ones will be sculpy clay.

Dennis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts