Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is game that has to with celebrites, musicians, althletes, and etc.
These people made the news for something shocking, tragic, or sad. By means of death, drug addiction, or alcoholism.

Who am I talking about?

I'll start:

This singer of a '90s band was found dead on his tour bus in New Orleans?
Its not a seattle, grunge band.
He was both a junkie and drunk and this led to his passing.

Can you name the band? And what did he die of?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'm going to guess Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon. Hoon died from an apparent overdose of Heroin.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got it, Sin. And Doug got that he died of a Cocaine overdose. At the time he was trying to get off Heroin and did way to much coke and died. He was 28.
This was back in 1995. I remember driving in my car with a friend; when we heard the news. It was in the month of October. Halloween was just around the corner.

I digress. Its your turn, Sin. Since you got it first.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
In the early 90's when every major label was trying to sign every band that came out of Seattle, this band came along and were just about to release their first major lable studio album, when the singer died rather suddenly and this group faded into oblivion. The band had a couple of members that went on to join one of the biggest bands of the early-nineties who have since gone platinum many times over.

Name the band, the lead singer and what he died from. Give yourself a bonus if you can name the band members who went off to join what famous band.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Must be Mother Love Bone. I'll be damned if I know the guy's name or how he died. I'll guess alcohol poisoning.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
It was Mother Love Bone. We have the band, now if someone can give me the other two, then they can have the next turn, if no one wants to venture a guess, I'll give the answer and the turn to Zombie after a bit of time and he proceed.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I suspect you know more than you're letting on man, it can be anyone famous and for any substance abuse related death. And yes, you got the last two right. So move forward, dude. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Game resurrected!

Waaaaay back in 1991, this Black Metal vocalist (?) blew his brains out (into his lap) because he just loved death too damned much.

Smear on your corpse paint and tell me the name of this tragic fool.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
This lead singer sported a trademark Mohawk haircut and was nominated for a Grammy. The band's stage theatrics included blowing-up equipment, near nudity and chain-sawing guitars. The singer was acquitted of an obscenity charge for simulating sex on stage wearing only shaving cream.

Name the band, the lead singer and how the lead singer died.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That sounds like Wendy O. Williams, star of Reform School Girls and "The Plasmatics". She died at her own hand (gunshot to the brain).

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
To move away from the rock and roll this time, here's an easy one to start: Which Hollywood star, who dabbled in devil worship, was killed in a car accident with a slow-moving tractor-trailer?

Name the actress, the location, and the truck driver's home town.

·
Registered
797 Posts
That'd be Jayne Mansfield. She was travelling through the swamps towards New Orleans, and the trailer was obscured by heavy fog so no one in the car saw it 'til the last second. I have no idea what the truck driver's home town was, though.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You are correct, she was killed in Mississippi (close enough to "traveling to New Orleans"), and the truck driver was from Pensacola ( I only threw that in because I'm from near there).

Your turn.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Okay, here's another easy one!

Rumors of a love triangle and foul play surrounded the death of this well-known Hollywood actress after she was found floating in the water near the yacht upon which she and her ex-husband had been holding their annual holiday party.

Name the actress, her ex-husband, and the actor (also on the yacht) who was rumored to be involved in the triangle.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts