Haunt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been awake all night and aside from making several cups of coffee I've also made a few little things as decorations for this year, thought I'd show you all

Nothing exciting, the jars need dirtying up a little and obviously need something in them and labels, but not bad for a halfs hours work really. I also made the little voodoo man out of bits of an old t-shirt that's getting steadily more destroyed.
Boredom, you are my greatest inspiration!:googly:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nick,
It's just a bit of raffata and some natural twine glued on. It looks pretty good to say it's so cheap and easy

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I loves my litte poppet. The basic design for him is following the ones for a poppet.
My inner pagan tends to come out when I start making stuff heh

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
only a hundred more bottles to go now...haha
nice poppet

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lilly you're right LOL
Suddenly everything bottled or in a jar has become "out of date". How mysterious....
There is a bottle bank near me, where they all get recycled and I'm actually contemplating raiding the place

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I loves my litte poppet. The basic design for him is following the ones for a poppet.
My inner pagan tends to come out when I start making stuff heh
It's kinda what I think i've been looking for to boost my haunt! Wow your inner pagan brought out my ex-inner pagan or something

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad I can help skeletonowl

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a quick question.
Does anyone know of a way to make these bottles look older without using spray paint. I was thinking I might spray them with adhesive then sprinkle them with flour for that dusty look. Does anyone else know of any other methods. I could also use some ideas about what to put in them.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,682 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool,
thanks lilly
dirt's a good idea! seems more obvious too now i think about it

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just found the coolest bottle in the IKEA restaurant. The drink in it was quite nice too. It looks really good now I've spray painted the lid black. Still need to find things to put in the jars and stuff though. I've filled one with water with a few drops on red and a little blue food coloring.
Any more idea's?

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Lilly you're right LOL
Suddenly everything bottled or in a jar has become "out of date". How mysterious....
There is a bottle bank near me, where they all get recycled and I'm actually contemplating raiding the place
Your bottles and poppet look great!

LMAO! That sounds like a mysterious phenomenon that happened here at my house last year. All of the sauces and stuff in the fridge went out of date one day, as did a bunch of my dried spices. I have a TON of witch/voodoo bottles and stuff.

BTW... if you ever wanna do something a little different, you can use some burlap or muslin and put a little of that bagged potpourri in it and tie it into a little bundle with some twine or raffia. It looks kinda neat hanging around or just sitting with some bottles, and it smells good too, especially pumpkin spiced ones. Like these:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the tip Ghostess! I'll have to get to the hardware store and look for some burlap. Sadly it's closed at the moment (stupid early sunday closing times...)

Does anyone have some interesting names to put on the bottles? I'm trying to think of cool things but my mind is blank. At the moment, I have one bottle filled with fake blood that I've named Desmodus Rotundus Blood. From the finest South American Vampire Bats but that's it.

I have another small vial that I've filled with thick purple liquid and one large bottle that's full of murky black liquid. I'm really struggling to think of other stuff though. Any help would be brilliant!

Thanks guys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts