Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope I am not too late. Either way...here it is.

We do not get the paper, but this is from May.

The Christmas items I used before building prop.

Santa's elves had just returned from the New Year's Eve party. Approaching the workshop, they were surprised to find it dark and quiet. Santa had said he would be working late on some ideas he had for increasing their toy productivity. Thinking that perhaps he had fallen asleep at his desk, several of the elves went inside to check on him. They were shocked and devastated to find Santa lying in a pool of blood which had spilled from his head. Someone had hit him in the head with the large bell used to call the elves to work. Who could have done such an unspeakable thing? An investigation ensued and everyone in the North Pole was questioned. But weeks later, they were still no closer to uncovering the truth. Was it a disgruntled elf? A discontent Mrs Claus? Or the president of Hasbro Toys, angered by Santa's refusal to let him hire the elves during the pre-Christmas season? We will probably never know. But at least you now know why you haven't gotten a gift from Santa in a long time.

I did not feel a need to explain much about how I built this, since it isn't very complex. I didn't have much to work with. I used a dremel to make an indented area on the tombstone and painted Santa on it. I roughly painted the tree black and assembled the scene. But now I can't decide whether to display this for Halloween or Christmas.

Prop cost:
Skeleton...$8.00
Tombstone...$5.00
Tree, Hat, Bell... Christmas items...no charge

Total cost...$13.00

· Registered
574 Posts
I thought about something like this but decided on the windchime instead. Glad great minds think alot. This prop has a place in my graveyard.

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone so far, for the nice comments and for taking the time to even look at my entry. It is humble, indeed. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.