Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this pretty koy pond in my yard that I want to do something with. Last year I slogged around in it for 2 hours catching the fish so I could put dry ice in it and not kill them.I also had a skeleton crawling out of it. Not really wanting to do that this year ( catching the fish... pain in the butt!). Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do??

·
El Diablo Blanco
9,338 Posts
too bad you don't have a creature of the black lagoon prop along with the skele's hanging moss and cob webs maybe a few blasts fron the ground fogger.......or use some plwood and build part of a boat like it crashed on the bank with an oar and some skelle's with ripped clothes anyway good luck

·
Super Moderator
64,257 Posts
I think the Creature of the Black Lagoon is a great idea and perfect for a pond setting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So many possibilities... you could do something simple, place several skeleton hands and arms in position in the pond as if reaching up out of the water (add some weeds or water plants to them)... then light the water from below with those submersible pond lights (an eerie green light would work).

·
Banned
1,487 Posts
What color are the koi? Cause if they are light in color then maybe they would glow in Blacklight.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Have a couple of black-goggled nazi zombie heads/torsos rising out of the water like in the movie Shock Waves (one of my favorite bad movies of all time).

Or... if you could make some faces with lit eyes, you could do the spectral dead thing like in the Dead Marshes from Lord of the Rings

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a picture of it:
This is when it was just put in it now has a lot of plants around it. I have several colors of the koi, some are light so that is a possibility. I love the idea of lights in the pond and the tentacle! Keep em comin :)

·
She looks so normal
21,276 Posts
Lovely looking pond. My husband spent two weeks in Aug. digging out a big pond for me. I changed my mind, and had a pool put in another part of the yard. He had to fill it back in. I wonder why he hates me? Love the haunted pond ideas here. Maybe I should ask him to build me a pond.....?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love the pond popper idea. I also think the tentacle idea is great. Wondering about putting a large misting fogger in. You'd want to build a platform for it so it was just below the surface. But a foggy, spooky lit pond with a single head, hand, claw, tentacle reaching out would be a nice, cheap, easy effect that would have no ill effect on your koi.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've been thinking of trying something like this in our koi pond..... Using a sump pump rise a monster out of the water.....
I used this basic idea to build my Samara in a well several years ago. But I simplified mine. This year I am going to have her popping out of my fish pond instead of her well, for something different. I used a small fountain pump for the "motor". It is motion activated.

I like the creature from the BL idea.

BTW, I love your pond. It is really nicely done.

Just a thought, but check and make sure if any fog from your fogger lands in the pond it won't hurt your fish. I am not sure what happens to fog when it dissipates. I was wondering because I have fish in both my ponds and want to use a fogger near both this year. I have already killed enough fish. (sad face)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I like Revenant's LotR idea a lot. I also second the use of some simple props like skeleton parts and a random tentacle with appropriate lighting and some fog...perhaps have those LED "eyes" in the bushes around it also (the various home made versions I think).

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Ummm... I would go for a more realistic effect. How about a body bag half jutting out of the water with the bloody murder weapon lying on the shore of the pond? I nice semi-transparent bag with blood spatter and body parts could really make people look twice...

I can't see your pond pics so I don't know if this would be feasable for the size of pond you have. But making it look like a serial killers dumping ground could be a creepy way to go.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts